Location: Sub-Saharan Africa
City/Cities Location Details: Lusaka, Remote
Job Code: 6972
SCOPE OF WORK
- Zambia Local Impact Governance
- Deliverables Editor
- Proposed Personnel TBD
- Position Deliverables Editor
- Period of Performance On/About (From – To) June 1, 2022 December 31, 2022
- Maximum Level of Effort 1,000 pages
- Base of Operations Remote/virtual
- position reports to Chief of Party
1. Project Background:
Local Impact Governance is helping Zambia build up a sub-national system of governance for devolved service delivery more responsive to citizen needs. The program is engaging national and sub-national authorities to expand the capabilities of district-level governance bodies to deliver sustainable development outcomes, increase effective citizen and private-sector involvement in development planning and monitoring, and improve public financial management and domestic revenue generation.
The activity is working toward three objectives:
- Objective 1 : Citizens improve their collective skills to effectively assess service-delivery needs and performance and constructively engage with government.
- Objective 2 : The sub-national governance system becomes more responsive to citizen needs, generates, and accountably expends revenue, and improves service-delivery outcomes.
- Objective 3 : The program generates learning and facilitates problem solving that supports the development of an effective, financially viable sub-national governance system for devolved services, capable of being scaled up throughout Zambia.
2. Role’s Purpose:
- The Deliverables Editor will work closely with the Local Impact team to support drafting and editing programmatic deliverables, including quarterly and annual reports, work plans, concept notes, technical assessments/studies/reports, and others.
The Deliverables Editor will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Edit writing products, focusing on logical flow clarity of prose and consistent formatting, along with correcting grammar, punctuation and syntax as needed
- Ensure all written products adhere to USAID’s Branding and Marking regulations, the Local Impact project Branding and Marking Implementation Plan, and other USAID guidance on project documents
- Support the Local Impact and DAI management teams on improved reporting and presentation of the program
- Assist in the production of all required program reports and deliverables for USAID, including quarterly reports, the annual report, and other documents as needed.
- Adhere to all deadlines set by the Local Impact Chief of Party and technical teams
- Quarterly reports
- Annual report
- Annual work plans
- Technical reports and deliverables
- Other reports as required in collaboration with the COP and technical team
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, political science, international development, or other related social sciences field
- Native oral and written English language skills
- Demonstrated cross-cultural communications ability
- Experience supporting USAID-funded programs
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: