Reporting: Butchery or Outlet Manager
You will take up a role of a general player in the operations of the butchery and as such your roles will be flexible from time to time as need requires.
Qualifications And Personal Attributes:
- Minimum of a Full Grade 12 certificate, Front Office Operations, Food Production, Hotel and Catering Management, meat cutting and or a minimum of 2 years’ work experience in the meat Processing Industry or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform job duties may be considered.
- Computer literate
- Experience in a sales environment
- The Butchery Assistant will be responsible and accountable to the Butchery or Outlet Manager for performance in the following areas:
- To assist In all butchery or sales outlet operations:
- To efficiently operate tills or cash registers to the expected Company standards
- To assist customers where necessary during their shopping in butcheries or sales outlets
- To assist in receiving/offloading merchandise meant for the butchery/outlet
- To cut meats in specified cuts as directed by the supervisor or as demanded by customers.
- You will be responsible for the cleanliness of the Butchery or Outlet
- What you are accountable for achieving
How will you be measured:
- Customer Service
- Stocking levels on in the displays
- Keep Butchery clean and spotless at all times
- Help Clients and need require
- Training of staff – Each Mika Meats Manager will ensure continuous training is carried out on all staff who report to you. This is in line with the overall objectives of Mika Meats. All training must be documented.
- Each Mika Meats Manager will ensure with the help of the accounts officers that all Mika Meats accounts are produced on schedule and send to the approved recipients.
- Each Mika Meats Manager will ensure that all Mika Construction health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to within your area of operations.
- Each Mika Meats Manager assist the Business Development Manager in getting new business & maintaining existing contracts
- Each Mika Meats Manager will ensure that all Mika Meats Human Resources policies and procedures are adhered to within your area of operation
- Public Relations – each Mika Meats Manager is responsible for all Mika Meats public relations with the clients, client’s employees, visitors, suppliers, subcontractors and investors. Mika Meats is desirous to maintain a good relationship with its employees and this also needs to be taken into account. Support in all these functions is provided by Mika Group Companies employees.
- IT Management – Mika Meats has invested in IT for all its employees and we have various IT employees to maintain the equipment. Each Mika Meats Manager must oversee the IT in his department and ensure it follows Mika Meats IT policies and procedures at all times.
- Ensure strict adherence to the “Mika Meats Code of Ethics”.
- You will perform other reasonable tasks that may be requested by your superior from time to time
Method of Application
Interested candidates for the above position should submit their application letters and attach detailed and updated curriculum vitae to this email:
Submission can be done in soft copy on and hard copy on the address 32 Msuzi road, woodlands – Lusaka Zambia. Be informed that, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further processes.