Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following vacancies at Levy Mwanawasa Medical University,
The Senior ICT Officer – Infrastructure/Security is responsible for managing the installation and maintenance of software at the Levy Mwanawasa Medical University in order to ensure smooth operation of computer systems connected to the network infrastructure.
- Undertakes regular network optimizations and systems customisation in order to install up to date network software and hardware for supporting smooth ICT operations in the University
- Ensures compliance with network disaster recovery procedures and maintenance standards in line with current technological requirements in order to facilitate quick network recovery and failover solutions
- Undertakes periodic research and development activities in software and hardware support in order to provide up to date ICT for computer network services
- Carries out all delegated duties effectively in order to ensure the attainment of the departmental objectives in order to coordinate services, repairs and maintenance of computers, printers, servers, LAN infrastructure, and other related equipment
Qualifications, Experience And Skills:
- Grade 12 School Certificate or its equivalent which should include English Language and Mathematics
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Microsoft/Linux Certification added advantage
- Firewall and Computer Security certification
- Knowledge of Students records systems
- Sound knowledge of SQL databases and Virtualization technologies
- Certification in Networking will be an added advantage
- Minimum of six (6) years of work experience in various ICT environments preferably in a higher institution of learning
- Possess proof of membership to a professional association or organisation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the stated requirements should apply enclosing the following: Letter of application, detailed Curriculum vitae, and copies of academic and professional certificates certified by the Zambia Qualifications Authority, names and contact details of three traceable referees.
Applications marked with the “POSITION”must be sent to:
Levy Mwanawasa Medical University,
PO Box 33991,