Great North Credit Ltd (GNC) is an ambitious non-deposit taking micro finance Institution (MFI) licensed by Bank of Zambia (BOZ). GNC hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and professionally experienced candidates for the position of Finance Manager. The ideal candidate must have strong commercial and business acumen from the Banking and MFI environment with strong leadership skills.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and will be based in Lusaka.
FM is responsible for financial strategy, financial condition, and financial position of GNC. He/She is accountable for the financial and risk management operations, including the development of financial and operational strategies, metrics tied to that strategy and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Areas of Operation:
- Asset/Liability Management
- Profitability, Cost analysis and cost control
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Strategic business and financial planning.
- Revenue and Capital expenditure management
- Risk Management operation and reporting in line with BOZ risk management guidelines and Basel II/III requirements.
- Designing and implementing an effective management information system
- Tax strategy and operation
- Financial reporting and control
- Financial management support for all activities
- Internal/external financial reporting
Duties And Responsibilities:
- To oversee asset and liability management for GNC.
- To review the institution’s financial condition, financial position and recommend viable alternatives for cost effective operation.
- To develop and expand financial strategy of GNC in order to develop and strengthen its financial capacity.
- To participate in the strategic planning process, to lead the budgeting and forecasting of GNC and to build a strong financial discipline and accountability foundation for budgeting and forecasting.
- To establish an effective financial system in GNC and to prepare all accounts and financial statements timely.
- To implement the policies and procedures relating to financial management, accounting, and budget planning and to help improve the quality of GNC’s operations.
- To assist the company in the development of computerized financial, audit and management accounting systems.
- To ensure achievement of revenue targets on interest and other income, on and off-balance sheet through regular feedback reports to business units and ensure adherence to policies for control of assets and expenses.
- To plan, direct and coordinate the implementation of effective accounting and financial administration policies, procedures and reports to ensure meticulous compliance of bank’s financial policies for sound financial management and control of the bank.
- Tax management, – Corporate tax, Employee tax, VAT, etc.
- To prepare, present and interpret financial reports to the management, Board of Directors, shareholders and other stakeholders and to direct and supervise preparation of all fiscal reporting, such as cost accounting, budgets and regulatory reports.
- Maintain and administer internal control and compliance policy ensuring that all key risks are covered by appropriate policies and procedural manuals and that line management have an effective system in place to identify, monitor and measure risk.
- Implement risk management framework and risk based internal auditing in conjunction with Internal audit department.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile.
- Devise, and monitor, reliable control systems.
- Ensure record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and regulators.
- Report risk issues to the audit and risk committee of the board.
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Design and review the company’s risk management framework.
- To lead the Risk management function and report the risks to the CEO.
- Review the findings and recommendations made by the internal and external auditors.
- Meet the requirements of the regulatory authorities regarding internal control, compliance, and internal audit, provide suitable direction to the audit and risk teams on regulatory concerns.
- Submit report to the CEO, Audit and risk committee/Board of Directors periodically with assurance that risk-based audit concept is being implemented effectively and that company assets and liabilities and other factors are free from risks to a greater extent.
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team.
- Manage the accounting, investor relations, tax and treasury issues.
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing and reconciliation systems.
- Implement operational best practices.
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost reflective benefit package.
Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, and ZICA membership required
- A Professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, etc essential.
- No criminal record. Should be ready to be vetted by Bank of Zambia
- Minimum 6 – 8 years of work experience in accounting and financial management.
- Experience in a chartered accounting firm can be advantageous.
- Strong commercial and business acumen.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Process and deadline driven mind-set with a keen eye for detail
- Strong negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform data and statistical analysis to spot trends and anomalies
- Advanced desktop computer skills including Excel and other financial software and tools for report and analysis.
Method of Application
To apply for this job email your details to this email: