Reporting to the Manager – Credit, the Credit Officer will be responsible for ensuring assigned credit appraisals are executed in a timely manner.
The jobholder will be responsible for the following:
- Authentication of the loan application documentation supplied by Customers
- Determination of loan applicants’ Affordability, in accordance with the Company’s Credit Policies, applicants’ Employer’s Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs), and other relevant affordability
- Timely (and quality assured) delivery of client loan application results
- Adherence to industry best practices in the issuance of credit
- Reporting of suspected frauds /actual frauds
- Loan application result Query Resolution /Escalation
- Maintenance of the Company’s Customer Loan application history databases/logs
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related discipline from a reputable University
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Credit role in the financial service industry
- Sound knowledge of industry best practices in issuance of Credit
Other Skills And Attributes:
- Highly conversant with Microsoft Excel, analytical and good numerical skills
- Good communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Good attention to detail
Method of Application
Suitable candidates must send their current CVs to with the position applied for as the email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.