The KME Officer will be responsible for the knowledge management, monitoring, evaluation, learning, and reporting components of the Knowledge Hub South Africa project in Zambia at Kasisi Agricultural Training Center. The incumbent will work under the leadership and guidance of the Knowledge and M&E Manager (based at the Sustainability Institute) where s/he will receive technical support, and strategic and technical direction. S/he will report to the in-country Project Manager and to the KHSA Knowledge and M&E Manager.
Develop an in-country project M&E plan, ensuring alignment with the regional Results matrix and log frame, for approval by the KME Manager
Co-develop, coordinate, facilitate and report on in-country monitoring, evaluation and learning activities
Co-design, administer, collate and analyse results for all data gathering activities e.g. stakeholder mapping, needs assessments, baseline study, evaluation of training programme, etc carried out under the KHSA project
Implement the KHSA knowledge management strategy in Zambia including:
- Identifying, collecting, and uploading organic/agro ecological agriculture knowledge products
- Supporting the process validation of KPs by external experts;
- Adapting/transforming KPs and/or, contracting and supervising an external expert to transform KPs
- Regularly update the KHSA knowledge collection and dissemination tracking sheet with knowledge products collected and disseminated in Zambia
- Develop and put in place tracking documentation for KHSA activities in Zambia, ensuring all verification documents e.g. attendance registers, reports, photographs etc are promptly uploaded to the shared drive.
- Compile quarterly monitoring report of KHSA project activities, including updating the results framework
- Compile annual and project end reports
- Liaise weekly with the regional KME team to review progress against the KHSA Results Matrix.
Require skills and experience:
The KME Officer will be based in Zambia:
- Proven experience in monitoring & evaluation including statistics, analytics or a related field is required. At least a bachelor’s degree in a related field is a pre-requisite i.e. Sustainable Development, Social Development, Agriculture, Anthropology, Sociology, Environmental Sciences, Climate Change etc
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with monitoring and evaluation systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data intensive, performance-based programmes funded by international donors
- Demonstrated ability to utilise appropriate M&E tools and packages
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills including a demonstrated ability to perform data analysis and make recommendations based on findings, and convey data in an accessible and easy to understand way.
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills in English
- Proven ability to work under pressure with multiple concurrent demands
- Dynamic and adaptable
- Willing and flexible to travel if necessary.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Familiarity with Agriculture (including livestock) of the sub-region (South Africa and demonstrated working knowledge of ecological organic agriculture in South Africa will be an advantage. Particularly, knowledge around production, processing and marketing, and including training, networking, advocacy and participatory guarantee systems
- Experience and/or knowledge of information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as they relate to data collection for result based monitoring (RBM) and reporting
- Command of one or more of the following languages: Bemba, Nyanja, Lozi, Tonga, Kaonde, Luvale or Lunda.
Method of Application
To apply for this job email your details to this email: