BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
Bat Zambia is Looking for An Administration Assistant
Seniority Level: Non-Management
Function: Human Resources
Location: Lusaka, Zambia.
- Role Positioning and objectives
- This role is part of the Human Resources department in Zambia and cand be summarized in 3 principal areas of responsibility. Firstly, we have the Administrative perspective which includes the engagement calendar management, coordination of different activities and payroll. Secondly, there is the Industrial relations perspective and lastly, we have the Business Partner Support.
- Reports to Human Resources Business Partner
- Geographic Scope Lusaka, Zambia
What You Will Be Accountable For:
- Lead the recruitment process ensuring exemplary candidate experience through coordinating end to end interview process in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Initiate pre-employment checks and exams, documentation, and follow-up to ensure new employee files are updated with integral and relevant start of employment data
- Coordinate on boarding program for all new recruits in liaison with relevant stakeholders
- Coordinate onsite training delivery
- Measure HR related training effectiveness through sharing training evaluation feedback with the relevant parties for continuous training program improvement
- Participate in Employee Value Proposition initiatives including career fairs, professional associations engagement and campaigns as per the annual Talent Engagement Calendar
- Manage first level queries related to talent processes including recruitment job applications, learning and development, performance management and employer engagement/partnership initiatives
- Support driving employees’ completion of People related Surveys
Essential Experience, Skills And Knowledge:
- You should have a Bachelors’ Degree, either in Business-Management or Human Resources
- Regarding the experience, we are looking for 3 to 5 years in a fast-paced HR environment.
- High analytical skills with sound IT capabilities.
- Ability to work with minimal to no supervision.
- Time management skills.
- Learning agility.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Payroll or SAP is an added advantage.
We Are Bat:
- At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
Belonging, Achieving, Together:
- Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
- Be vigilant – BAT will never ask a job candidate for money for any reason, including paying for visa, work permits or pre-employment checks. If someone invites you to apply for a BAT role and asks for payment for these types of activities, it is not a legitimate BAT job.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: