Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
To provide a Centre of expertise for all aspects of non-Agribusiness and Agribusiness
Sales & Service:
- Spend a minimum of 65% of available time visiting with customers and targets
- Develop relationship plan for customers including sales and contact strategy
- Conduct annual review of customers’ borrowing facilities (and interim review if customer circumstances dictate).
- Work with specialists like Trade Finance and Treasury to maximize sale of these products to customers.
- Overall responsibility for the bank’s relationship with customers including negotiation of pricing and service levels.
- Deal with and find resolutions for customer complaints.
- Determine the products that are most effective in meeting customers’ needs and be able to sell these, at short notice, both reactively and proactively.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to risk service standards.
- Produce call reports in agreed format for all scheduled significant business meetings, these should be filed in the call.
- Research, create and follow up on a target list for potential new business.
- Identify priority customers using the Customer Prioritisation Guidelines to assess their present and potential contribution.
- Manage and control portfolio within agreed limits.
- Maintain a high standard of operational control including adherence to Risk Management Control Document (RMCD) guidelines, KYC & STM procedures and other bank policies.
- Work in partnership with CCM partner on new and existing credit applications, providing guidance on credit appetite and consulting with Credit team as appropriate.
- In the event of credit quality deterioration, the RM/Branch manager will be responsible for producing the classification/special mention memo and associated updates. The RM will also be the Primary contact in a remedial management situation.
- Ensure proper segmentation codes are applied against assigned portfolio of customers.
- Ensure all accounts within portfolio are linked on CID and data held comply with Basel II standards.
- Day-to-day coaching and development of Corporate Manager’s Assistant.
- Co-ordination of Corporate Support staff in provision of consistent service quality and risk.
- PD for subordinate staff
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Absa Operational Risk Framework and internal Absa Policies and Standards.
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: