PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Corporate Communications Officer to lead PATH’s institutional communications for internal and external global audiences.
The Marketing & Communications Team leads PATH’s brand, editorial, internal communications, marketing for philanthropy, and strategic positioning efforts. Composed of a cross-functional team of communications experts, event planners, writers, and graphic designers, we tell the story of PATH’s work internally and externally, support the efforts of governments and policymakers around the world to adopt healthy policies, and inspire donors and corporations to partner with us and support our work.
- Leveraging strategic communication experience with a focus on internal and employee communications, the candidate is responsible for hands-on development and leadership of internal and employee communications strategies, messaging, policies, and programs to foster an engaging workplace culture and inform PATH’s global team
- Serving as a key resource and advisor to the Executive Team to engage and inform employees through high impact communications delivered through multiple channels (town halls, videos, broadcasts, newsletters, personal communication, digital)
- Develop proactive and responsive internal and external institutional messaging
- Support internal and external DEI communications strategy
- Oversee crisis communications and manage reputational risk for PATH
- Review communications materials and strategies for reputational risk and public health perspective
- Oversee institutional media relations activities, serve as the primary point of contact for media
- Lead PATH’s “Spokesperson Initiative” designed to build spokesperson capacity among PATH’s experts and external representatives
- Develop Brand & Communications training calendar and oversee execution
- Oversee the development and strategy of PATH’s annual report
- Supervise and support the development of corporate communications team.
- Deep understanding of public health, determinants of health, and the global health or public health sectors.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a corporate communications role or agency setting.
- Experience leading media strategy for an organization.
- Experience supporting crisis communications and reputational risk management.
- Experience supporting internal communications and/or employee engagement.
- Experience working with creative teams do develop campaigns.
- Deep understanding of DEI principles and experience communicating about it.
- Strong writer, storyteller, and content producer.
- Proven ability to ambiguous situations and unexpected requests, events, or crises.
- Ability to interface with senior leaders and global colleagues in a professional, appropriate, and inclusive manner and demonstrate discretion as needed
- Proven ability to operate an accelerated pace and meet internal communication and business objectives
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DRC, Ethiopia, Uganda, Kenya, Senegal, Tanzania, Zambia Company Location Africa – Any existing PATH Africa Office Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: