Chemonics International Inc., Contractor for USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) ensures uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM develops and manages a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain. The project seeks to recruit (on a one-year contract renewable) for the following position of:
Reporting: Country Director
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Leads and manages the process to establish procurement contracts for commodities and services to support the project activities, amongst others: office leases, car rentals, fuel, hotel rooms, conference venues, insurances, printings, stationary, grocery.
- Reviews purchase action requests, clarify specifications with the requester to fully understand the requirement
- Liaises with technical staff and external partners to develop and revise scopes of work for technical subcontracts
- Determines the appropriate procurement mechanism (Purchase Orders, Blanket Purchase Agreements, Indefinite Quantity Contract, etc).
- Ensures Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPA) are in place and are being used actively
- Organizes and chairs technical evaluation committees for large or complex procurement processes
- Ensures that the appropriate process and Quality Management System templates are used, and all necessary reviews take place
- Ensures that all applicable Federal Acquisition Rules (FAR) guidelines are followed, and all required waivers and documentation is in place;
- Ensures that orders are actively managed, coordinates the follow-up of delivery dates of open purchase orders and ensure that procurement tracker is continuously updated
- Identifies issues with day-to-day procurement processes and proactively resolves and/or communicates the issues to management
- Maintains auditable records for the procurement files and ensures that procurement files are completed and uploaded within the requested time frame on SharePoint
- Performs procurement duties in a transparent and ethical manner;
- Coordinates the collection and the control of the accuracy of Proof Of Delivery documents
- Conducts a thorough review of all procurements packages to ensure completion prior to submission to finance
- Trains the procurement specialists and officers under his/her supervision;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Degree in Procurement and Supplies, or related field, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of eight (8) years of progressively responsible procurement experience in medium to large development projects and/or organizations
- Knowledgeable of USG rules and regulations
- Experience working for a USAID implementer in Zambia preferred
- Knowledge of various contracting mechanisms, amongst others: firm fixed price subcontracts, cost reimbursable subcontracts, and blanket purchase agreements
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and high levels of professionalism
- Strong initiative and self-motivation required, with a commitment to teamwork
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Full professional proficiency in English required
- Proficiency in common computer packages (e.g. Word, Excel) relevant to the work.
Location of assignment: Lusaka
Method of Application
Send electronic submissions of your CV, cover letter and highest necessary qualifications to this email. Please clearly include the position in the subject line of the email. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.