The United States Agency for International Development (USAID), through American Rescue Plan has provided funding to USAID– funded Empowered Children and Adolescents Program I (USAID ECAP I) implemented by the Catholic Medical Mission Board Zambia (CMMB-Z) in six (6) high HIV burden districts on the Copperbelt and North-western provinces of Zambia. The Funds are aimed at responding to the COVID-19 emergency in Zambia through implementation of Social and behaviour change (SBC) interventions to influence the uptake and continued practice of key COVID-19 prevention behaviour.
Type of Assignment-Consultancy
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Consultant will manage the Covid-19 Social Behavior change communication effort, Community Engagement ,COVID-19 vaccine promotion messaging , building capacities of local structures to respond to COVID -19 and implementing health promotion activities in the targeted communities. The consultant will work under the direct supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party with support from the Strategic Information Manager on all M&E issues.
- Lead in the development/adoption of Risk Communication and Community Engagement materials on COVID 19 prevention.
- Lead in the Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) through radio, social media, person to person communication and mass media communication.
- Lead in the development and implementation of Community based Infection Prevention and Control strategies
- Develop community mechanisms which can lead to Improved Community COVID-19 Active Surveillance, Case Investigation and Rapid Response, incident management system, epidemic preparedness and response.
- Support government in the targeted ECAP 1 district to strengthen the COVID-19 community level surveillance team for analysis and support community level prevention
- Train COVID-19 Response Champions to conduct RCCE activities , dispel myths and misconceptions which may be hindering people from adopting health behaviours including acceptance of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Be the lead person in all Community Radio program production and activities.
- Train COVID 19 Response Champions and other volunteers in hygiene practices which include but not limited to setting up and maintain hand washing facilities
- Establish Rapid response teams in high-risk environments to conduct contact tracing
- Support the District Epidemic preparedness committees to conduct inspections in compliance with MOH guidelines in markets, schools, and other high-risk areas.
- Evaluate COVID 19 behaviour change Communication programmes to determine their efficiency and effectiveness and make recommendations for improvement or cancellation.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health, Public Health, Social Sciences or equivalent
- Post graduate training in Behavioural Sciences or Health Education
- Minimum of six (6) years working experience in health education, communication a related field
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience
Method of Application
All interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to send their application letters with copies of their most recent curriculum vitaes with at least three traceable references to this email:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview