The Water Resources Management Authority (WARMA) was established in 2012 under the Water Resources Management Act No. 21 of 2011. One of its main functions is to manage and regulate the use of Zambia’s water resources in an integrated, participatory and sustainable manner taking into consideration the human, land, environmental and socio-economic factors. In order to effectively implement its functions, the Authority wishes to recruit a suitably qualified, self-motivated and experienced persons for the following positions: –
Department: Water Resources Management and Information
Reports To: Catchment Manager
Location: Catchment Office
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate with a credit or better in English and Mathematics or its equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hydrogeology, Geology or its equivalent from a recognized University/Institution.
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ).
- At least three (3) years relevant work experience in a similar role
- Must be a Zambian Citizen.
- Good organization and planning skills
- Good working knowledge of computer
- Competent in hydrogeological data interpretation and Technical report writing
- Working knowledge of the Water Resources Management Act
- High analytical skills and exemplary work ethic.
- Knowledge of appropriate Geographic Information System (GIS) and Remote Sensing applications for hydrogeological applications
Purpose of the Job:
- To provide input and support in developing, reviewing and conducting activities pertaining to groundwater resources and undertake the analysis of groundwater data to facilitate planning and decision making aimed at the protection of groundwater resources at the catchment and national level.
Main Duties and Accountabilities:
- Provide technical support in planning and implementation of hydro-geological programmes.
- Undertake analysis of water level and quality data on monitoring boreholes.
- Update and maintain the groundwater database information.
- Monitoring and assessment of groundwater resources availability, quantity and quality within the catchment.
- Investigates and advises on groundwater pollution and exploitation matters.
- Prepare appropriate hydrogeological and related thematic maps for use in groundwater monitoring and development
- Prepare comprehensive technical reports pertaining to water resources management and availability monthly.
- Analyse borehole and groundwater completion reports from drilling companies for water resources management planning.
- Generate technical hydrogeological reports for regular updates of the groundwater database
- Liaise with the Drilling Engineer in the supervision of drilling rig operations for exploratory and monitoring of groundwater resources to ensure conservation, protection and restoration of water resources to achieve the objectives.
- Performs any other duties that may be delegated from time to time by superiors.
Method of Application
Interested persons should send their application letters supported by copies of certified academic and professional qualifications with detailed cv’s with three (3) traceable referees to the address below via the following email in the the subject line, please indicate the specific position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be considered.
The Acting Director Human Resources & Administration,
Water Resources Management Authority,
Plot No LN-385-7 & 385-8, Alick Nkhata Road,
PO Box 51059,
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements.