Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is a nationally registered NGO working with development projects within the field of education, health, agriculture and other poverty alleviation programmes. Projects are carried out in all the provinces of Zambia reaching over 1,5 million people. Key funding partners include the Government of Zambia, national and international development organisations (USAID, CDC, EU, Global Fund, WFP and more) as well as private sector organisations.
Description of the job:
The overall responsibility for the Procurement Manager is to manage the procurement of goods and services for the DAPP Projects. To ensure that DAPP obtains quality products for competitive prices in a timely fashion. Support good distribution and documentation of supplies. He/ she reports to the Chief Finance Manager.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Work with the project management staff to establish and constantly update the Procurement Plan including procurement of equipment, supplies and services carried out centrally and in the projects.
- Develop and implement strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods and services and maintaining stock levels.
- Oversees the procurement team of 2 employed procurement staff at the HQ Ndola as well as employed procurement staff in the big projects throughout Zambia and support project staff involved in smaller procurement locally.
- Establish and follow up on procurement systems for distribution and documentation of supplies.
- Good in management and strategic planning abilities
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management Procedures and logistic skills,
- People person, good at networking,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior organisational skills,
- Good Business Instincts and good negotiator
- Mathematics Skills and good in data analysis,
- Education and accreditation:
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Economics, or a Related Field,
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS)
- Paid up member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS)
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position, in charge of complex procurement.
Applications must be send with the following information:
- Application letter
- Detailed CVs with 3 referees including their contact details
Method of Application
Applications must be sent with the following information:
- Detailed current CV (Preferably in one file).
- 3 professional referees including their contact details, one of whom should be your most current supervisor.
Please do not attach any other documentation such as certificates at this stage.
The application must be received
Send to E-mail:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.