Zambia Gold Company Limited (Zambia Gold) was incorporated on 10 January 2020. Zambia Gold (the ‘Company’) is co-owned by ZCCM Investments Holdings Plc with a 51% stake and the Ministry of Finance owning the remaining 49% stake. Zambia Gold is mandated to lead the development of the gold sector in Zambia by undertaking commercial activities for the benefit of all stakeholders.
In order to achieve this objective, Zambia Gold Company will broadly undertake the following activities:
- Acquire exploration licences and carry out mineral exploration with a focus on gold (either directly or in partnership with other entities)
- Develop and operate mines for gold and other precious minerals
- Refining, grading, producing, cutting and processing of gold and other precious minerals
- Buying and selling of gold and other minerals
- Support artisanal mining operations and transforming these into commercially viable activities
- Pursue value addition opportunities in the precious metals sector
In order to achieve this mission, the Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who are innovative, energetic and performance driven to fill the following positions:
Department: Investments and Markets
Report to: Investments Manager
To ensure the competitiveness of Zambia Gold Company Limited by devising strategies and investment plans and prevailing conditions in the gold mining and financial sector industry, to ensure that the Company remains a leader within its defined sector.
- Continuously collects and interprets data, such as company financial statements, price developments, currency adjustments, and yield fluctuations as it relates to gold mining
- Perform financial due diligence, analysis and other actions as outlined with the company’s investment policies, processes and procedures on prospective projects and recommend an investment decision to the Investments Manager.
- Actively participate in any feasibility study exercises in relation to developing a greenfield mining opportunity exercise or mineral processing infrastructure projects.
- Conducting market research on the gold mining and value chain industry and gather market intelligence to enhance management of various gold projects.
- Write research reports that will form a key input to business proposals.
- Creating financial and commercial structures that enhance return on investment of projects and financial planning.
- Analysing company accounts and financial projections and advise the company on how to best position its investments
- Maintain up-to-date information on the latest economic trend in the country, latest and any updates in the financial markets as it impacts on gold mining industry
- Provide updates on financial market activities to assess and correctly position the company in the local and the global market.
- Closely monitor performance of the company’s product existing and asset portfolio and assess any key (upside or downside) risks thereto.
- Provide advice to the Investments Manager on all investment compliance regulations
- Draft initial business proposals for presentation to the Investments Manager
- Monitor the financial news using specialist media sources
- Assist in implementing of company strategic plan to enhance Investment and Trade.
- Continuous liaison and interaction with artisanal and small-scale miners (ASMs) to identify key gaps and areas in which ZGC can provide technical assistance.
- Tracks all rights and obligations of existing business and financial relationships or agreements to which ZGC is party to ensure that there are no lapses at any given time that could negatively impact company value.
Qualifications and experience
a. Professional Qualifications
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree Economics, Commerce, Finance, Business Administration or its equivalent.
- Master Degree and or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) level 1 in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- b. Minimum Relevant Pre-Job Experience:
- 4 years experience in a similar position.
- Negotiation skills
- Communication skills
- Computer skills
Other Attributes (Personality Traits):
Valid Driver’ s license:
- Zambia Gold Company Ltd provides equal employment opportunities to all Zambians on merit without discrimination on the basis of age, gender, colour, tribe, disability, or religion.
Method of Application
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced persons should send their application together with certified copies of Academic and Professional certificates; a detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable references and copy of the NRC should reach the undersigned: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. Head Human Resources and Administration,
Zambia Gold Company Ltd,
Kudu Road, Kabulonga,