Zambia Sugar, is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group, and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions in the Medical Department:
The position reports to the Senior Clinical Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing diagnosis, treatment, health education and counselling to company employees and their department.
Key performance areas:
- Making decisions on clinical matters in conjunction with standby officers / doctors.
- Receiving of ambulance calls and messages during the shift.
- Controlling the ambulance movements. Writing of daily shift reports.
- Doing procedures during shift/ day.
- Attending to medical and surgical emergencies.
- Reviewing of patients in the wards in case of change in condition of patients before calling the standby officers after normal working hours.
- Liaising with security in case of death in the clinic (BID /in patient).
- Conducting medical exams on all temporal, seasonal and permanent workers as assigned by superior.
- Examining of employees working in hazardous areas in conjunction with the occupational health nurse.
- Submitting reports to the superiors on those found fit and referring all found unfit.
- Daily tallying of data using tally sheets.
- Gathering and compiling information / inputs from OPD daily attendance sheets, registers, OPD and other clinics eg MCH clinics.
- Submitting compiled data on monthly, quarterly and annual basis to superior.
- Diagnose and treat diseases among company employees & their families.
- Giving health education to patients & care givers.
- Carrying out DCT.
- Making referrals to the wellness clinic.
- Initiating clients on ART.
- Liaising with Doctors on difficult cases.
Minimum specifications I Requirements areas:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Should be 25 years old and above
- Diploma / Degree in Clinical Medicine.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar role
- Valid practicing licence from the Health Professions Council of Zambia.
Method of Application
Should you be interested in applying for this position, please email your detailed CV & copies of qualifications to this email below:
If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.