World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Ltd is a faith-based Organization dealing with Relief aid, Development, and Advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Reporting to: Technical Programme Manager- RMNCAHN
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Purpose of the Position:
To provide technical support for the execution of programme interventions to deliver health promotion and education for reproductive maternal, new born, child and adolescent nutrition health programming and achieve child wellbeing targets and outcomes.
Technical Programme Support:
- Support the development, selection and/or adoption of guidelines, tools, models, and protocols to aid programme implementation.
- Provide technical support to area programmes in designing information, education, and communication material messages for maternal newborn and child health nutrition implementation.
- Support in the design and implementation review of technical program interventions.
- Assess and support AP quality activity implementation to ensure that the programme is within scope, time, and budget.
- Ensure that the information, education and communication (IEC) materials are in place for effective implementation.
- Ensure recommended technical program models are contextualized for effective implementation in the Area Programme.
- Contribute to the development, selection and/or adoption of Health Promotion guidelines, tools, models, and protocols to aid programme implementation.
- Ensure that the information, education, and communication (IEC) materials are developed, printed/ reprinted, distributed and utilized across AP’s for effective health promotion implementation.
- Ensure recommended Health Promotion technical program models are contextualised for effective implementation to achieve scale, depth and impact within time, scope and budget.
- Provide technical support to AP Staff to enhance coordination and strengthening of Neighborhood Health Committees and other community based health structures for sustained community ownership and participation.
- Identify and review opportunities for integration of health promotion and education into other TP and health programs.
- Facilitate Training of Trainers (TOT) of partners, WVZ technical program staff, other stakeholders to ensure effective implementation.
- Support staff orientation and participate in technical staff building capacity through coaching and mentoring for increased/enhanced competency.
- Provide input in performance appraisal of technical programme staff for increased accountability.
Networking, Collaboration, and Liaison:
- Represent WVZL in various key meetings, including Technical Working Group (TWG) to align national priorities.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners/stakeholders for enhanced collaboration and sustainability.
- Supports AP staff, partners, and stakeholders to ensure community conversations and engagement processes are effectively conducted.
- Collaborates with District Health Offices and Health facilities within the AP’s to strengthen policy and regulation of health promotion and education at the Primary health care level to have strong comprehensive interventions.
- Promote and support community mobilization and engagement, networking, and coordination across the AP’s.
Programme Effectiveness and Quality Assurance:
- Support research/Studies on technical programme-related topics and produce technical briefs for sharing with key stakeholders.
- Participate and review data collection tools in conducting research/studies to generate lessons learnt for programme improvement.
- Utilize and adapt learning from monitoring and evaluation processes to inform programming.
- Consolidate and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for timely submission.
- Ensure all emerging industry technical standards are captured, documented, and shared across Area Programmes.
- Contribute to the national development and rollout of a comprehensive strategy for health promotion and education to enhance positive behaviors among the target population.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Diploma in Clinical Medical Sciences, Medical licentiate, Nursing midwife, with minimum 5 years’ experience in relevant field
- Degree in the relevant field or its equivalent is an added advantage with minimum 2 years’ experience in the relevant field
- Experience in Program Management in a complex, international organization preferably NGO context
- Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and report writing essential
- Must have excellent project management, community engagement, mobilization, facilitating and donor engagement skills
- Communications, interpersonal, analytical, conflict management, negotiation, and networking skills are highly desired
- Knowledge and understanding of World Vision operations would be an added advantage
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts.
- Able to implement Maternal Newborn child and adolescent health and Nutrition programme.
- Knowledge of the Timed and Targeted Counselling (ttC) model.
- Positive Deviant Hearth (PD Hearth) and Community Committees (COMMS)(Neighborhood Health Committees models an added advantage
- Must be registered with either the Health Professional council of Zambia or the Nursing Council of Zambia and has a valid practice license
- Trainer in health models such as SMAGs or ttC/PD Hearth and COMMS (NHC)
- Good facilitation skills
- Basic Computer skills in Ms Office applications
- Must have good interpersonal relations.
- Must have a good understanding of the Health System
- Must have an understanding of World Vision mission, vision, and core values
- Experience in working with communities with good knowledge of the public health system and structures.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically 40% office and 60% field work and internationally as required
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: