Dangote Cement Zambia Ltd
Senior Chief Chiwala’s Area, Masaiti District, Ndola Zambia.
The Dangote Group is one of Africa’s leading conglomerates producing diversified products. Dangote Cement Zambia, a Subsidiary of the Dangote Group, is the leading producer of cement in Zambia with a modern advanced integrated Cement Plant in Ndola, on the Copperbelt.
Dangote Cement requires action oriented, high performing and dedicated professionals in the following disciplines:
Define scope of work, man hours, spare parts and other resources (services….) to execute the maintenance activities of equipment taking into account the technical standards with the aim of implementing the activities efficiently and comply with safety and environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in both plant and department safety initiatives.
- Through planning activities, drive safety improvement in the plant.
- Contributes to reducing and eliminating unsafe acts and conditions for workers, contractors and equipment, by supporting safety programs and the application of appropriate techniques and safe work practices.
- With input from Inspector, Execution and Production Departments, schedules and prepares all maintenance operations (weekly electrical/ instrumentation maintenance program, annual shut downs)
- Maintains and updates the preventive maintenance program and its master schedule
- Plans major equipment annual overhauls.
- Collects and handles all work requests and checks for information accuracy.
- Manages maintenance scheduled backlog.
- Analyses maintenance work; follow up the availability of spares, tools and equipment’s required.
- Prepares time and cost estimates for work orders in consultation with executors.
- Defines the specifications of the work contracted with electrical and mechanical heads.
- Maintains updates information on SAP.
- Generate specifications for the purchase of parts required.
- Updates work plans (Job plans)
- Support periodically reviews on the minimum stock of spare parts.
- Coordination of resources according to plant strategy.
- Maintains close communication with planning and mechanical execution areas.
- Assist Method Manager to Manages general and specific technical documentation
- Assists with analysis of plant/ Equipment defects with view to ensuring that maintenance practices comply with MSD/ Quality Assurance Standards.
- Assists with preparation of maintenance budgets and follows them up.
- Keeps himself/herself informed of general practices so as to ensure “on call-duty”.
- Perform any other duties assigned by N+1 not listed in this job description but which by its nature is found to have an impact on the overall performance of the department or the company.
Education and Work Experience:
- Graduate in Mechanical Engineering, B.Sc. or is equivalent in Mechanical engineering.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in manufacturing industries as a Planner/ Executor.
- Basic knowledge of Electrical system
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong technical knowledge of mechanical/ electrical equipment
- Technical knowledge of preventive, predictive and systematic maintenance (databases, SAP).
- Basic awareness of local safety rules and regulations.
- Local safety rules and regulations
- Knowledge of quality management methods is an added advantage
- Knowledge of cement process is desirable
Behavioural and managerial competencies:
- Results driven (reliability, cost)
- Accuracy and precision,
- Analytical capability.
- Good aptitude for organisation and communication, able to do specific assignment.
- Initiative and innovative
- Leadership in managing small projects
- Advanced working knowledge of fire protection and prevention methods, rescue procedures and safety procedures.
- Adequate knowledge of fire safety regulations and functionalities of various firefighting equipment.
- Knowledge of fire suppression techniques.
- Ability to champion fire prevention initiatives.
- Strong level of mental alertness to ensure safety of others.
- Ability to maintain calm and respond swiftly in an emergency situation.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High sense of responsibility and accountability.
Method of Application
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
Candidates meeting the above requirements should send their applications to: The General Manager HR& Admin and send them to Please note that you are to attach an Application Letter & Latest CV ONLY in Microsoft word format as ONE document.
Position should be clearly mentioned in the subject line e.g. “Fire Safety Officer”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.