Dangote Cement Zambia Ltd
Senior Chief Chiwala’s Area, Masaiti District, Ndola Zambia.
The Dangote Group is one of Africa’s leading conglomerates producing diversified products. Dangote Cement Zambia, a Subsidiary of the Dangote Group, is the leading producer of cement in Zambia with a modern advanced integrated Cement Plant in Ndola, on the Copperbelt.
Dangote Cement requires action oriented, high performing and dedicated professionals in the following disciplines:
Maintain a deep knowledge of the condition of the plant equipment by measuring, tracking & analyzing trends to identify the maintenance needs. To carry out condition monitoring of the plant equipment through site visit as per road map, On-line and Off-line Data acquisition techniques and data analysis; Refer the technical standards for inspection with the aim of implementing the maintenance activities that are required to keep equipment healthy and in compliance with safety and environment standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in both plant and department safety initiatives. Through planning activities, drive safety improvement in the plant.
- Contributes to reducing and eliminating unsafe acts and conditions for workers, contractors and equipment, by supporting safety programs and the application of appropriate techniques and safe work practices.
- Measure status, monitor, analyse trend, identify maintenance needs taking into account production constraints.
- Owns quality & timeliness aspect of equipment specific inspection (vibration analysis, oil analysis, wear measurement, liquid penetrant, ultrasonic, magnetic particle, etc.) of rotating Machine trains as per relevant applicable procedures.
- Ensure that report is clearly specifying recommended corrective action and time line for the corrective action.
- Keep a track of “Equipment under Alert” list and establishes proper storage of the equipment report and data.
- Do specific inspection for such equipment.
- Supports Planner/ Reliability/Condition Monitoring Engineer in the regular review of reliability Indicators for rotating machines.
- Maintains close communication with production department to have the feedback of the conditions of the equipment.
- Ensure regular participation and engagement of the team for RCA/RCM process as and when required for assigned machines. Perform other duties such as maintaining work records and maintenance repair history logs, attending regular meetings with maintenance engineers.
- Maintains close communication with planning and mechanical execution areas.
- Perform any other duties assigned by management not list in this job description but which by its nature is found to have an impact on the overall performance of the department or the company.
Education and Work Experience:
- Technician / Diploma in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering, BSC or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience Manufacturing industries as a maintenance inspector.
- Working experience as Inspector for rotating machines, Equipment maintenance, condition monitoring in cement manufacturing company, refinery, power or heavy process plant.
- Knowledge of gearboxes, transmissions, hydraulic, pneumatic, welding techniques, lubrication and mechanical non-destructive testing.
- Adequate knowledge related to equipment function & maintenance (Crusher, Stacker, Reclaimer, VRMs, Kiln, Cooler, Belt Conveyors & Aux. Equipment)
- Ability to troubleshoot the problem and proposed corrective actions.
- Basic knowledge of vibration analysis, oil analysis, wear measurement, thermography, liquid penetrant, ultrasonic, magnetic particle, etc.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong technical knowledge of mechanical/ electrical equipment
- Technical knowledge of preventive, predictive and systematic maintenance (.doc and .xls files, databases, SAP). Basic awareness of local safety rules and regulations.
- Basic knowledge of cement process & methods section is an added advantage
- Basic knowledge of Cement manufacturing equipment function.
Behavioural and managerial competencies:
- Results driven, Accuracy and precision, Analytical capability.
- Good aptitude for organisation and communication, able to do specific assignment.
- Advanced working knowledge of fire protection and prevention methods, rescue procedures and safety procedures.
- Adequate knowledge of fire safety regulations and functionalities of various firefighting equipment.
- Knowledge of fire suppression techniques.
- Ability to champion fire prevention initiatives.
- Strong level of mental alertness to ensure safety of others.
- Ability to maintain calm and respond swiftly in an emergency situation.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High sense of responsibility and accountability.
Method of Application
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
Candidates meeting the above requirements should send their applications to: The General Manager HR& Admin and send them to Please note that you are to attach an Application Letter & Latest CV ONLY in Microsoft word format as ONE document.
Position should be clearly mentioned in the subject line e.g. “Fire Safety Officer”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.