Chemonics International Inc., Contractor for USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) ensures uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM develops and manages a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain. The project seeks to recruit for the following positions of:
Reporting: Senior Manager- Distribution Center Logistics
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Supply Management Specialist will support in-country technical assistance for GHSC-PSM in Zambia for improved order processing, be part of the team integrating ERP (SAGE), eLMIS and WMS Expert. This role will support efficient order processing and distribution of public health commodities from the central medical stores to regional distribution centers and high volume PEPFAR and PMI districts. The Supply Management Specialist will be responsible for implementing technical activities for order review/analysis, order processing, coordinating with the Regional Distribution Center Specialists, coordination with eLMIS stakeholders and be part of GHSC-PSM reporting team.
- Provide technical assistance for the review of incoming orders for data quality and anomalies, and support data generation for producing reports to be shared with MSL, Implementing Partners and other stakeholders for decision making
- Provide coordination with USG implementing partners for order inquiries through close collaboration with MSL CSC Manager
- Explore use of dashboards and analytics tools (such as Power BI or excel tools) to support order review and processing at both central level and in the Regional Distribution Centers
- Provide technical specification for order processing to support smooth interfacing of eLMIS and Expert via ERP – SAGE
- Provide technical assistance to MSL management in designing the new structure and operations of CSC post the implementation of the new integrated ordering systems (eLMIS interfacing with Expert via ERP-SAGE)
- Advise MSL on development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for order review, order processing post the interfacing of eLMIS and WMS Expert via ERP SAGE
- Advise MSL on delivery schedule based on available resources, demand patterns, and geographical location
- Provide technical assistance for master data management and facility master data list management. Spearhead development of tools to support data analysis and reduce manual efforts
- Offer technical assistance on the collection of emergency orders / self-pick-up, as needed
- Provide technical support to MSL Management in developing and implementing performance monitoring and reporting matrices based on common agreed KPIs to measure bench marked out-puts i.e. orders processed and delivered against the delivery schedule both at the central stores and at the regional hub level
- Promote the use of evidence based continuous improvement management as part of best practices in MSL and across the project
- Provide technical assistance in developing terms of references for the CSC staff in the Regional Distribution Centers
- Provide technical assistance in designing training materials for the CSC staff and be part of the trainers.
- Provide input into development and management of annual work plans and budgets for distribution center logistics based on GRZ and USG priorities
- Provide input into scopes of work for short-term technical assistance (STTA). Coordinate with technical consultants and review associated outcomes and deliverables to ensure quality and timely submission to the client
- Represent PSM project at various technical meetings with collaborating partners, senior government officials, and/or donor agencies
- Verify that USAID regulations, Chemonics policies, and quality management best practices are enforced consistently
- Exhibit Chemonics values and build culture of “Living our Values” within the team
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time in consultation with the Senior Manager-DCL.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in supply chain management, logistics, or a related field required
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working in supply chain management with Customer Care Relations/Services experience as added advantage
- Experience in providing technical assistance for management of public sector health commodities
- Knowledge of USAID funding and its contractual and reporting requirements preferred;
- Strong data analytics skills using tools such as MS excel, MS access, and Power BI
- Strong project management skills and leadership and motivational abilities
- Strong presentation skills at various for a for all kinds of stakeholders
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Written and spoken English proficiency.
Location of Assignment:
- The location of assignment is Lusaka, Zambia with intermittent travel throughout the country.
Method of Application
Send electronic submissions of your CV, cover letter and highest necessary qualifications include clearly the position in the subject line of the email. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.