Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our Vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. In Zambia, Save the Children works in the following Thematic areas: Education, Health& Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance and Child Poverty; including Humanitarian response. Save the Children wishes to invite qualified individuals to apply for the following position:
Position: Project Officer – Increasing Access to Inclusive Quality Education for Boys and Girls in Western Province (x 2 positions)
Lukulu & Kaoma districts
2. Sioma & Senanga districts
The incumbent will be responsible for the increasing access to inclusive quality early childhood education and basic education for boys and girls Western Province in light of COVID-19 Emergency Situation. S/he will work with target districts and MEAL team to support the implementation of inclusive education from early childhood through to basic education. The Increasing Access to Inclusive Quality Education for Boys and Girls in Western Province will work with partners and provide technical assistance, monitor and document the project including reporting in accordance with donor requirements.
The incumbent will be reporting to Project Coordinator-Education
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Support partners provide technical assistance inclusion in Early Childhood Care and development centres and secondary education.
- Liaise with other practitioners in a similar field of work and with government on policy and practice issues and informing them of our interventions and work.
- Develop implementation plan with target schools and other relevant teams in SCI and MoGE structures to ensure that operational gaps for schools are addressed, timely and appropriate distribution of school supplies and materials to target schools, monitor progress and outputs (i.e. school attendance).
- Work with DEBs office to support target schools ensure disadvantaged and vulnerable children including 3-6 year olds are supported to return to safe and protective school environment after COVID-19 aftermath. This include day-to-day troubleshooting and provision of implementation advices to target schools to address emerging challenges.
- Support the development of minimum hygiene standards to prevent COVID-19 and develop hygiene promotion messaging and its dissemination in target schools as part of COVID-19 prevention among learners.
- Responsible for training design related to ECCD, BE and Inclusive learning for partner’s/key stakeholders
- Ensure the integration of child protection and child safeguarding in the education program
- Establish and Operationalise a compliant, referral and accountability mechanism for the project at all levels.
- Document project/partner experiences to capture the good and bad practices, the results and impacts achieved and any other experiences relevant for internal/external sharing.
- Conduct field monitoring visits to project sites and collet and document MEAL data as required
- Prepare quality monthly, semi-annual and annual reports as per the requirements of the agency and the grants on time.
- Attend district Education and Humanitarian Response coordination meetings to represent Save the Children.
- Ensure integration of all vulnerable children including children in (Mayukwakwa) refugee setting into the project delivery.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Education or related field with a minimum of 3 years work experience in development or humanitarian programmes with non-governmental organizations.
- Ability to travel to the field with short notice, 50% of the working time may be dedicated to field travel.
- Experience of working with funding from major institutional donors such as USAID, Swedish SIDA, and EU.
- Demonstrated skills in the design and implementation of inclusive quality ECCD/Basic Education programs
- Good analytical and report writing skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Nationals based in Western Province is added advantage.
- Knowledge of word, Microsoft excel and power point
- The post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Method of application
Child Safeguarding: Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people. How to Apply: follow the links below:
Lukulu and Kaoma districts: https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=200005FH&lang=en
Sioma and Senanga Districts: https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=200005FV&lang=en
PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF YOUR CERTIFICATES The closing date for receipt of applications. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Save the Children reserves the right to re advertise if suitable applicants are not found. To apply for this job please visit stcuk.taleo.net. Important Note: Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment or fees should be treated with extreme caution, viewed as potentially fraudulent and reported immediately. Post navigation