Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.
Jhpiego invites applications for the following positions for an upcoming Department of Defence (DOD) funded HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment project. The project’s goal is to achieve HIV epidemic control by supporting the Defense Force of Zambia (DFZ) to achieve and sustain UNAIDS 95-95-95 targets and at least 90% VMMC coverage for members of the DFZ, their families and the civilian communities they serve.
All successful candidates selected for these positions will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reports to: Project Director
The Senior VMMC Technical Advisor will be responsible for the overall coordination, capacity building, implementation, and management of VMMC under the DOD HIV prevention, care and treatment project at national level. The Sr. VMMC Technical Advisor is responsible for ensuring project targets are achieved.
- Coordinate all Jhpiego VMMC activities for DFZ supported facilities
- Provide technical guidance when conducting baseline facility assessments
- Conduct regular supportive visits, provide on–site support and ensure corrective feedback in selected areas
- Support the implementation of QA/QI systems, monitor quality in VMMC services and operations
- Facilitate clinical symposiums and utilize QA/QI data and reports to offer additional support and input into programming
- Identify training need gaps and develop an annual training plan for the Jhpiego Zambia Country Office
- Attend relevant TWG meetings and represent the project
- Coordinate and facilitate trainings and mentorship, as needed
- Coordinate supply chain and logistics management for VMMC commodities at National Level
- Work with Demand Creation team at National Level to ensure proper support and supervision of Regional Offices in VMMC Demand Creation and Community Mobilization
- Work with the M&E team to verify completeness of data, compliance to standard operating procedures, compile findings and disseminate to teams for quality improvement actions
- Compile national weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual performance reports, stipulating clear findings of the quality assessments and other activities and provide recommendations for quality improvement
- Document best practices and success stories of Jhpiego work and share with Jhpiego HQ
- Manage and supervise VMMC team members
- Assist in the development and implement strategy in partnership with local partners for capacity development in VMMC activities.
- Medical Doctor /Medical Licentiate with experience in surgery
- A Master in Public health is an added advantage
- 8-9 years’ work experience in clinical services and HIV programs
- Experienced VMMC trained mentor and provider
- Experience in project management
- Experience in supervising high level clinicians
- Experience in training, mentoring and quality assurance systems
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of programs
- Experience working with donors, INGOs and other partners
- Ability to travel out-of-station extensively
- Strong Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Computer literate, especially with the Microsoft Office package
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Team worker, supportive and approachable
- Experience with PEPFAR/USG funded projects
- Clear understanding of QA/QI methodologies and approaches as they relate to VMMC
- Strong communication and writing skills for report writing, publications and presentations
- Experience with statistical packages to analyse data
- Experience with MOH and the national VMMC operational plan
- Membership in Health Professions Council of Zambia with Valid practicing license.
Method of Application
Please send your application letter and curriculum vitae only in a single document, stating the position and location e.g. (Field HIV Care and Treatment Technical Officer – Kasama) in the subject line to the Human Resources Manager: Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.