Reports to Medical Officer TB. The incumbent is responsible for TB specific diagnostic/laboratory support and will work in close collaboration with other staff under the TB department. S/he will oversee TB diagnostic support to the National TB programme including responsibilities in identifying staff training needs, EQA program, quality management systems, laboratory information systems and supplies management.
- Responsible for supporting USAID TBLON in all aspects of TB diagnosis
- Supports implementation of activities in line with the National TB Strategic Plan
- Collaborates with other partners in the country to enhance synergy of resources including strengthening of inter and intra district courier
- Collaborates with the ministry of Health and the National Tuberculosis Control Program in identification, planning and provision of laboratory technical support at all levels
- Supports roll out of DataToCare and other laboratory information systems such as DISA-Lab and eLAB
- Builds capacity to MoH laboratory staff through various trainings and mentorship on GeneXpert, smear microscopy, external quality assessment (EQA), DataToCare connectivity platform, DISA-Lab, and eLab.
- Supports the MoH on the implementation of GeneXpert technology and other newer technologies/ diagnostic tools including Installation, training, maintenance and proficiency monitoring
- Supports the implementation of the specimen transport system and result feedback
- Facilitates improved collaboration between the relevant laboratory focal point persons at GeneXpert sites and FOBs Scientific Limited as regards to GeneXpert technical support, preventive maintenance and repair
- Conducts assessment of primary care facilities and develop plans for TB diagnostic capacity building in Supported facilities
- Participates in development of quality management systems (QMS) for TB benches in peripheral laboratories
- Strengthens quality management systems (QMS) through technical supportive supervision and various activities.
- Works in close collaboration with the national TB reference laboratory to plan for TB diagnostic expansion, training and EQA
- Develops work plans and budgets for TB diagnostic support under the USAID TB LON program
- Represents CIDRZ at relevant Technical working groups
- Minimum Diploma in Biomedical Sciences, or recognised equivalent. Degree is added advantage
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in TB programmatic laboratory services support
- Experience in TB diagnostic setting, especially primary health facility level
- Experience with DataToCare or any other gene Xpert connectivity software.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting EQA for primary care laboratories for both microscopy and Xpert
- Demonstrated experience supporting Installation, training, maintenance and proficiency monitoring of GeneXpert MTB RIF technology
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building/training primary Health care staff on TB diagnostic tools in use in the national program
- Awareness and knowledge of WHO accreditation systems for Primary Health care facilities TB laboratories
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
Method of Application
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please send application letter and detailed CV quoting Reference Number and day-time telephone number to;
CIDRZ Human Resources Director,
PO Box 34681,
LUSAKA or email: