We Effect is a development organisation founded in 1958 by the cooperative movement in Sweden. We work in more than 20 countries in Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, Africa and collaborate mainly with member-based organisations consisting of women and men who live in poverty. We work in the thematic fields of sustainable rural development and adequate housing. Our values are respect, transparency, and together.
We Effect in Southern Africa is present in and implements country development programmes in Mozambique, Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe. For more information, see www.weeffect.org
We Effect Zambia is looking for a strong Project Coordinator to coordinate a new project that focuses on women’s economic empowerment. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced manager looking for a new challenge. This project will test and pilot a number of different approaches and methodologies to advance women’s economic empowerment. This project requires a strong and transformative leader with excellent management skills deep knowledge and expertise on gender-transformative practice and the ability to coordinate five different partner organisations to ensure the project is implemented effectively and sustainably.
Main responsibilities include
- Developing and monitoring the implementation plan for the duration of the project including having oversight of the budget, risk analysis and monitoring and evaluation plan
- Supporting and monitoring the tools, methodologies and approaches developed and tested throughout this project to demonstrate programme impact and support continuous programme improvement
- Develop and deliver (with support from the Project Officer) a programme of technical support for the partner organisations including training on women’s economic empowerment, transformative leadership and gender transformative programming.
- Foster a community of learning within the programme amongst all the partner organisations by creating and nurturing spaces and developing and testing methods for shared learning and reflection throughout the programme cycle
- Work closely with colleagues in the Regional Office in Zambia and the Technical Unit Stockholm to ensure high quality, technical input into the implementation of the programme.
Networking and alliance building:
- Maintain and strengthen relationships amongst all the partners involved in the programme
- Maintain and nurture ongoing relationships with the donor with regular updates and debriefs
- Produce donor reports on the progress of the programme as well as strategic reports about key processes in the programme impact including donor reports, concept notes, annual reports, articles etc.
- Contribute to strengthening the brand of We Effect in Zambia through promoting the programme and representing We Effect on relevant platforms and fora on women’s economic empowerment and gender transformation
About the Candidate:
- As the Programme Coordinator, you have experience of gender transformative programming and women’s economic empowerment. You should be able to manage and coordinate a project team. You should have experience of managing partner contracts to ensure compliance. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with partner organisations, staff and other stakeholders. You have excellent organisational, scheduling and planning skills and ability to meet deadlines. You should be positive, solution-focused, able to give clear and concise instructions and work with a diverse team to build consensus and support working together. You should be responsive and have excellent communication skills to represent We Effect and the project.
- Relevant academic degree in Gender Studies, Development Studies, Agriculture, Economics, or related field
- At least ten (10) years’ experience of Programme/Project coordination including, but not limited to Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida)
- At least six years’ experience of working in gender mainstreaming/transformative programming in Zambia
- Proven experience of developing and testing methods and methodologies for planning, monitoring and learning in women’s economic empowerment and/or gender transformation
- Knowledge of management of the business, marketing and sales in general and in particular in the agricultural sector
- Knowledge of and experience in organisational development to form viable sustainable organisations in particular in the cooperative sector and with women-led organisations
- Experience of value chain development and inclusion of women in agricultural value chains
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Experience in agricultural value chains
- Experience in applying a Human Rights-Based Approach
- Experience of working on environment, climate change or resilience
Proficiency in two or more Zambian local languages.
Apply at the latest 2020-01-17 with your CV which should include three traceable references and a personal letter that describes how you meet the stated qualifications. Applications should be uploaded on impactpool.org; go to https://www.impactpool.org/jobs/ for more information.
This job is open to Zambian nationals. Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
The employment is up to December 2021 with the possibility of prolongation. The Zambia Conditions of Employment will apply.
We Effect strives for diversity in the organisation and does not discriminate applicants on the basis of gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, religious belief, or disability.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: