Camfed is a nongovernmental organization devoted to eradicating poverty through rural girls’ education and empowerment of rural young women. We are operational in all the districts of Western, Muchinga, Luapula and Northern Provinces.
We hereby invite qualified candidates to apply for the following position.
- Under the direction of the Finance Manager, the Assistant Finance Officer will support the day to day office accounts.
- S/He will provide management with information for planning, control and decision making and provide timely and accurate financial reports.
- Processing payments for school fees, accounts payable based on invoice and other programme costs either by cheque or direct bank transfers ensuring that they are made on time and issued or deposited in their correct accounts
- Deposit cash received from training or travel by staff or stakeholders into the bank timely and collect bank statements weekly
- Ensure that all details of Bank accounts of CAMFED supported schools and Camfed District Committees (CDCs) are correct and updated regularly.
- Maintaining all payment requisitions and ensuring they are properly filled and safely stored with correct supporting documentations.
- Making reimbursements of travel and other expenses, after travel and during workshops and assisting in reconciling travel expenses
- Support analysis and processing of financial reports from Schools, CDCs and other partners.
- Analysis of disbursement of funds to schools and retirements received thereafter should be updated regularly and a report should be sent to Management every quarter for their information.
- Follow up of retirements for activities conducted in the district by CDCs should be done regularly in order for national office to be aware of any outstanding information
- Support in preparation of daily cash flow and position.
- Support in preparation of bank reconciliations
- Support in budgeting of activities as stipulated in proposals
- Support in preparation and of Journals in Financial Force
- Any other duties that may be assigned by Line Manager
- The Assistant Finance Officer will have robust accounting skills; excellent team-working and relationship-building skills and an outstanding ability to work and effectively with colleagues across the international Finance team.
- S/he will share CAMFED’s core values and ethos of transparency and accountability, and will bring high levels of energy, proactivity and internment to the role.
- Problem Solving skills.
- Ability to use Financial Force or SUN systems.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills at all levels – from executive and senior management, to middle management, peers, external suppliers and colleagues.
- A proven team player.
- Well organised and able to prioritize workload.
- Experience working as part of a global team.
- Part ACCA or Part ClMA or Full
- Previous experience working with Financial force or SUN systems.
- 1 year work experience.
- Must be a registered with ZICA.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and Covering Letter to the email below:
please note that you are only permitted to apply for one post.