Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is regional African – led non- governmental organization that supports livelihood – challenged communities in East and Southern Africa to sustainably improve their well – being and standard of living. With Country Programs in South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia, Somalia and Kenya, AAH-I has over 20 years ‘experience working with communities in conflict and post –conflict situation:
- Oversee and directly support the implementation of the UNHCR and WFP funded Refugee programs in Nchelenge, focused on warehousing, logistics and food distribution.
- Ensure high quality, timely technical progress and financial reporting, reflecting donor requirements and UN standards, through the close collaboration with the field staff directly responsible for project implementation.
Take a leading role in resource mobilization for humanitarian efforts, developing and writing project proposals, donor reports, assessment reports and programmatic updates on AAH-supported programs in Zambia
- Support field team, especially the M&E staff in maintaining a high quality M&E system for the refugee projects.
- Ensure high quality programming and accurate financial and programmatic reporting donors.
- Participate fully in the response to emergencies in Zambia.
- Under the guidance of the Country Manager, develop and maintain close working relationship with the partners (project implementation level) management, especially the Program and Head of Finance .
- Work closely with the AAH Finance team-Partner Support officer in budget management and financial reporting.
- Maintain relationships with key AAHZ colleagues at the National level and AAHI, donor representatives
Under the guidance of Country Manager, represent AAH in national Government and INGO coordination meetings/clusters, especially related to emergency response and emergency capacity building
- Maintain close communication with the Country Manager for all aspects of project management Agency-wide Competencies (for all AAH Staff)
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of AAH and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Head of Program Competencies:
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of AAH and used by each program manager to fulfil his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
- Sets clear goals and work toward them
- Collaborates effectively with staff and stakeholders
- Manage financial resources with integrity
- Applies program quality standards to project design and organizational learning
- AAH Country Manager;
- AAH Finance Team and line managers
- AHI Regional staff and colleagues in other country programs;
- AAHI Regional Representative and Public Resource Specialist
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A Degree in International Development or a related field.
- A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years in program manager role and three years’ experience in humanitarian relief and development.
- Experience in Grant Management and quality programming.
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Basic financial management and budgeting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to travel frequently and extensively within Zambia, and live in harsh conditions as well as occasionally in the region.
- Experience with cash disbursements in refugee settings highly desirable
How to Apply
All applications containing the Cover letter, CV and qualifications in one document must be sent to:
clearly stating the position being applied for.