Location: Trident Town Clinic (Kalumbila)
- Provide holistic reproductive health care service to clients in order to reduce maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality.
- To assist women in all stages of pregnancy, childbirth and post-delivery
- Provide full antenatal care including all necessary screening tests.
- Conduct deliveries and provide care for the newly born infant
- To be fully up-to-date with national guidelines and protocols including EMTCT
- Manage complications in pregnancy and child care in accordance with the principles of basic obstetric care.
- Work closely with obstetricians and gynaecologists in diagnosing and treating women with acute and chronic illnesses.
- To uphold health promotion and education for women, their babies and their wider family circle, providing antenatal education and preparation for parenthood; this also extends to areas of gynaecology, family planning and childcare.
- To provide health counselling and education, not only for women but also within the family and the community.
- Must have thorough knowledge on national guidelines, standard operating procedures and quality assurance systems as well as MBCC protocols and procedures relating to HIV/STIs/AIDs TB, counselling and testing and EMTCT.
- Be the focal point person and resource person at the HIV/ART clinic for patients and families, MBCC staff and clients.
- Create a system to record and monitor new referrals and follow-up visits.
- Develop with CMO and HIV specialist doctor a comprehensive individualized service care plan for clients on ART that reviews eligibility criteria for CART initiation, adherence support, initial and repeat laboratory testing, medication/prescription pick-ups, referrals to family planning, prophylaxis and management of opportunistic infections, screening for tuberculosis, and ART treatment failure etc.
- Conduct detailed revaluation of the patient service care plans to ensure its effectiveness.
- Ensure that all patients receiving ART treatment have an ART monitoring and follow-up chart that is updated after each visit.
- Conduct HIV counselling and testing on request of patient or doctor.
Qualifications and desired attributes:
- Full Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate or its equivalent
- Minimum Certification as Registered Midwife
- Must have a certificate in pshyco social counseling with HIV/AIDS clients
- Must be computer literate with excellent Microsoft excel and word acumen
- At least 3-5 years’ work experience
- Registered with General Nursing Council and with valid Practicing License.
- Excellent team working skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong customer service skills
How to Apply
Follow the link and attached a detailed CV. (we will ask for original certificates and registrations if called for interview).
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be shortlisted and contacted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.