Hollard Insurance Zambia is a leading insurance organization whose operations in Zambia started in 2010 and has since experienced steady, consistent and stable growth within the insurance business to gain itself a reputable name among the Top five leading Insurers in Zambia. With three branches in Zambia, Hollard Zambia was recently certified 2018 Top employer of Choice by Top employer Institute on their latest list. This recognition goes to Africa’s leading employers of choice, each demonstrating exceptional human resources practices. Hollard is known for providing careers that create #Better Futures.
Hollard Insurance Zambia is currently looking for an Innovative, Imaginative, team player and excellent individual who is able to deliver with care and dignity for our customers, Shareholders and for team Hollard to fill a vacant position of Assistant Manager, Finance at the Lusaka Office.
- Report on company results and Measure Company and divisional performance. Provide insightful information to stakeholders in order for them to make informed decisions that will enhance sustainable growth and keep in line with strategic objectives.
- Ensure that financial reports are submitted timeously to various stakeholders including Hollard Board and Exco.
- Act as an early warning function for matters that could impact the licence and companies’ ability to continue with business.
- Provide accurate and timely input for the preparation of all monthly financial reports.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws and standard governing financial reports.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualities:
- Personal Characteristics
- High level of Integrity
- Attention to details and a keen listener
- Passion for Excellency
- Innovative & Imaginative
- Team Player
- Highly organized individual.
- Sense of urgency and accuracy
- Review business performance and profitability.
- Prepare monthly financials and all associated financials.
- Prepare all financial board packs required for shareholders and Exco boards.
- Advise business of key risk areas and concerns and actions to resolve.
- Prepare and submit quarterly and annual statutory returns to the regulator.
- Monitor the key regulatory risks that surround the license e.g. insurance reserving and other governance and risk management practices.
- Prepare annual financial statements.
- Coordinate and manage the annual audit process, including annual actuarial valuation.
- Prepare periodic financial reports to management and Hollard International for monitoring of performance against agreed targets.
- Prepare monthly expense variance reports.
- Coordinate the annual budget process and timelines.
- Manage the company’s cash expectations to ensure sufficient liquidity is maintained at all times.
- Analyze company spend and identify cost saving opportunities.
- Ensure company’s surplus funds are appropriately invested within approved guidelines.
- Submit all required information to investment committee for quarterly meetings.
- Oversee some administrative matters such as procurement and fixed asset management
- Knowledge and Skills
- High level planning skills
- Basic knowledge in project management( able to manage diaries)
- Good negotiation skills
- Good written and communication skills
- Good Knowledge of the Insurance Act
- Good Understanding of the IFRS applicable to insurance companies.
- Attention to detail.
Required qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Accounting/CIMA/ACCA
- Valid driver’s license.
- Minimum five years ‘previous experience.
- Full Grade 12 certificate.
- Experience in the insurance industry is an added advantage
How to Apply
If you think you have what it takes to join our dynamic and energetic team, please send your CV to: