Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our Vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. In Zambia, Save the Children works in the following Thematic areas: Education, Health& Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance and Child Poverty; including Humanitarian response. Save the Children wishes to invite qualified individuals to apply for the following new position:
Duty Station : Lusaka
- The position will be responsible for the sourcing and purchasing of goods and services that provide value for money through procurement processes, which are fair, competitive, transparent and compliant to Donor rules and applicable laws.
- The Procurement Officer will be reporting to the Programme Coordinator Supply Chain.
- Under the direction of Supply Chain Head, the Procurement Officer will be responsible for undertaking market research and analysis, run tenders and set up Pre-Qualified Suppliers and Framework Agreements for Save the Children Zambia Country Office.
- Manage procurement execution pursuant to SCI procurement policies, processes and essential standards framework, Request for Quotations, preparation of the Comparative Bids Analysis, amongst others.
- Facilitate payment process and reconciliation
- Procurement Officer will take the lead in the sourcing process using the Procurement Committees and aligning closely with the requester.
- Additionally negotiation and benefits capture will be within the mandate of the Procurement.
- Will be responsible for management of the Supply Chain and Purchasing Efficiency Key Performance Indicators for Save the Children Lusaka Office.
- Will be responsible for managing the commercial relationship with suppliers.
- Ensure overall best value for money, adherence to essential and ethical standards through a competitive and transparent procurement process considering quality, availability, time, transport and storage costs.
- Responsible for preparation of the comprehensive procurement reports, depicting the real issues faced and suggested action plans and support required.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities for Framework Agreements in order to enhance the Supply Chain Efficiency Key Performance Indicator.
- Responsible for following up on invoices and preparation of payment vouchers and timely submission to Finance, ensuring timely processing of invoices with full insight of the budget v expenditure projections from the Budget Holders.
- Responsible for scheduling procurement committee meetings, documentation of minutes and provide Technical Procurement Support to the procurement committee.
- Responsible for updating of the Procurement Tracker and sharing to all staff weekly.
- Any other duties as assigned by the line manager
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management or equivalent qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Purchasing Department
- Must be self driven and have the ability to work well under pressure
- Experience of working with funding from major institutional donors such as USAID, Swedish SIDA, EU.
- Should have a valid Driving Licence
- International NGO work experience an added advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills;
- Must have a mature and honest disposition;
- Team player;
- Computer literate.
- Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holders to have regular contact with or access to children or young people. In this regard, the job holder should be in a position to work and uphold the interest of Children and uphold the organization’s Child Safeguarding policy.
How to Apply
Please send only your application letter clearly stating the position in the subject line with a detailed CV indicating 3 traceable referees, one of whom should have been direct supervisor, through email to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager,
Please do not attach copies of your certificates.