Bank of Zambia, an equal opportunity employer invites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to apply for the following vacant positions:
Board Services Department
GRADE: BOZ 5
- Undertake and implement communication strategies to ensure that stakeholders have the right information on the Banks key operations and to entrench the corporate brand.
- Proactively promote the understanding of key Bank operations amongst stakeholders or interest groups by selecting the best communication channel to disseminate the information.
- Design and publish information packs on the Bank in both English and local languages to reach a wider audience and achieve great impact.
- Prepare daily market reports for the information of internal and external stakeholders.
- Implement, in a timely manner, strategic initiatives under the Strategic Plan that require communication strategies and make quarterly reports
- Conduct surveys to assess the effectiveness of the Bank’s communication strategies
- Conduct stakeholder analysis and engage strategies to ensure stakeholders have the right information on the Bank in a timely manner.
- Contribute articles to in-house publications or newsletters produced by the department including the Zambanker and on-line publications.
- Work with other departments in their information dissemination exercises and advocacy’s including the financial literacy, clean note policy, currency security features etc.
- Ensure that Bank corporate documents are fully compliant with the Corporate Identity Document and ensure consistency in branding
- Support the Monetary Policy Committee Statement and facilitate dissemination of decisions as widely as possible.
- Attend internal or external events hosted, supported or attended by the Bank or Bank staff to provide in-house media coverage for dissemination.
- Conduct research or produce speeches when requested
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc/BA in Mass Communication/ Social Sciences or equivalent with 3 years’ relevant experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate with five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better)
- Knowledge in Economics will be an added advantage
- Key Knowledge and Attributes
- Excellent communication skills
- Listening skills, understanding and interpreting trends
- Analytical abilities
- Good interpersonal skills and team player
- Innovative and creative
- Ethical and socially responsible
- Organising skills
- Client Orientation and accountability
- Excellent presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Crisis Management skills
- Research skills
- Conditions of Service
- Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply.
- Please note that all the positions are on Fixed Term Contract of Employment for three (3) years and renewable subject to good performance.
How to Apply
Only candidates who meet the above role specifications should apply enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae and certified photocopies of certificates to the undersigned:
Women are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Director – Human Resources,
Bank of Zambia Bank Square,
PO BOX 30080,