Employment opportunity at The Examinations Council of Zambia. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced applicants to fill the following vacant position under the Director’s Office.
- Reporting to: the Director, the Principal Planning Officer will manage and coordinate the ECZ planning function in order to ensure that the strategic vision, mission, core values and strategic goals of the Council are interpreted in corporate plans, annual work plans and budgets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and guide the formulation of the Council Strategic Plan, Departmental Plans and Budgets
- Monitor and provide professional guidance in the planning and information activities
- Escalate the Council’s performance statistics and related reports for management’s consideration
- Coordinate effectively the development, implementation and review of the Council’s Strategic Plan (CSP) in order to ensure attainment of the Council’s strategic objectives
- Coordinate the formulation and revision of the Corporate Policies and Procedures
- Monitor the implementation of the Strategic Plan by analyzing the performance of each department against set targets
- Prepare the Performance Review Reports on time
- Carry out the mid and end of term evaluations of the Strategic Plan
- Timely compile and produce the ECZ Annual Reports
- Ensure safe custody of library information both in electronic and hard formats
- Ensure proper archiving of Council documents
- Ensure that the library management system is functional and effective
- Develop and implement departmental Annual Work Plan and Budget
- Develop the departmental budget against set goals and submit the budget for consolidation into the ECZ Corporate budget
- Monitor the activities of the budget and take corrective action as necessary
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- School Certificate or its equivalent
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of 5 years work experience
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field will be added advantage
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to submit an application letter, copies of Academic and or Professional certificates together with detailed Curriculum Vitae including three (3) traceable referees and day time telephone numbers. All applications must reach the undersigned:
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
Electronic applications will not be accepted.
The Council Secretary,
Examinations Council of Zambia,
Haile Selassie Avenue, Longacres,
PO Box 50432,