- Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well-compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees?
- If so, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
- Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the nation.
- Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay.
- Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.
AHF’s Core values are to be
- Value Employees
- Respect for Diversity
- Fight for What’s Right
Still interested? please continue!
Your contribution to our success!
- Assists the pharmacist in the retrieval of accurate, concise, applicable and timely drug information.
- Collects patient specific data for prescription processing including allergies, etc.
- Provides instruction and information regarding correct use of drugs supplied
- Receives and stores incoming supplies; counts stock and enters data in computer to maintain inventory records
- Assists pharmacist in stock management, including regular stock takes
- Maintains clinical competency, as demonstrated in providing directing and monitoring patient care; begins clinic on time: advices patients concerning diet, hygiene and method for prevention of diseases.
- Assists and communicates with medical staff concerning patient care issues (e.g. drug allergies.)
- Participates in the case management of individual patients to ensure the continuity care
Participates in Developing internal working systems relevant to the medical/pharmacy operations within a clinic setting:
- Produces required reports on a timely basis;
- Maintains compliance with Health Professional Council of Zambia and National Public Health policies and other standards/guidelines.
- Directs Pharmacy activities in a manner reflective of the philosophy of AIDS
- Provides education to patient and patient’s personal support system in areas such disease management including treatment adherence.
- Promotes team work, good interpersonal relations and communication among staff at the healthcare setting partner organisations, governmental organs etc.;
- Participates in pharmacy and clinic staff orientation
- Plans and participates in educational programs for the pharmacy and clinic staff;
- Works with the clinic team to ensure that supplies that directly impact patient care are available.
- Exercises appropriate judgment and good decision-making skills; and
- Assumes additional responsibilities as necessary
Participation in AHF Meetings/Committees
- Medical Staff Meeting
- General Staff Meeting
- CME activities
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: