Afya Mzuri We are looking to recruit mature, experienced professionals to take up the role of Programme Officer (PO) for a “YES I DO” Project in Chipata under Plan International Zambia.
- The incumbent will be required to work closely with the Coordinator, colleague from the Plan International structures.
- The Programme Officer will be responsible for the YES I DO project implementation in schools, community and working with health workers.
- The programme will involve working with community matrons and patrons in Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health.
The success candidate should have the following qualifications:
- A diploma in Social Work or a relevant field discipline from a reputable institution.
- A self-starter with a proven ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office (Word, Access, and Excel) and excellent skills in report writing.
- 2 years of work experience in the HIV/Health sector and demonstrable knowledge of training in community radio methodology.
- Has verifiable experience in field research and quantitative/ qualitative data collection.
- Experienced in supervising research teams (work plan development and monitoring).
- Able to carry out routing administrative and logistical duties.
- Good knowledge on HIV & AIDS, Sexually Transmitted Infections, and Sexual Reproductive Health
- Experience in participatory methods, facilitation and presentation skills as well as in conducting trainings
- Good interpersonal and communication as well as community mobilization skills
- The ability to work in a team and in partnership with communities, local authorities and other stakeholders;
- Good written and verbal English
- Ability to write reports
How to Apply
Applicants should submit an application letter responding to the advert and with the minimum requirements outlined above, together with a CV (maximum 2 pages) and full contact details of at least 3 professional referees, one of which should include current employer, where applicable.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please submit applications, quoting Ref: M&E to:
The Executive Director,
10487A Manchinchi Road,
PO Box 51232,