Zambia Sugar Plc., a large agro-industry which is part of Illovo Sugar Ltd, is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugarcane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products. The Company has a permanent employee base of 1 700 employees and offers medical, educational, sport, recreation and other social facilities on the Estate in Mazabuka. The recently expanded Nakambala Sugar Mill area comprises approximately 28 000 hectares of irrigated sugarcane. An approximately 17 000 hectares of the planted area is owned by Zambia Sugar Plc.; and the balance of 11 000 hectares is owned by fourteen commercial Growers and three small-scale grower entities whose affairs are managed by the Estimated Recoverable Crystal (ERC) Committee comprising membership from Zambia Sugar Plc. and the Growers.
The Company now invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position:
- To implement load plans and ensure proper stock movement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all trucks are loaded in accordance with the relevant Zambia road legislation and that of other countries.
- Ensure load plans are in place to prevent unnecessary stock build up at the Mill Warehouse.
- Create and maintain stock transfers and ensure they are in line with the daily load plan to prevent stock being loaded to the wrong destination.
- Managing transporters against the Agreement of Carriage that exist between Zambia Sugar and the carrier/transporter.
- Investigate customer complaints for direct deliveries and ensure corrective action is taken were there are divergences.
- Responsible for achieving the agreed target for road and rail performance.
- Keep a schedule of all trucks loaded with a reason for every load transported by road.
- Manage the in transit reports for trucks and wagons.
- Prepare reports and presentations of transport and distribution operations.
- Manage the transport budgets by ensuring the correct and cost effective transporters are booked and used per route.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the pre-alert system for all trucks reporting for loading and offloading.
- Manage transporter database.
Qualification and Experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Degree or Diploma in transport, distribution and logistics management or equivalent.
- 3 years’ work experience in transport, distribution and logistics management
- Computer literate.
- Membership to the Zambia Institute of Logistics and Transport will be added advantage.
How to Apply
Qualifying Candidates should apply enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of educational and professional qualifications, contact address and daytime phone numbers to the undersigned:
The Human Resources Director,
Zambia Sugar Plc.
PO Box 670240,