The Health Professions Council of Zambia is a statutory regulatory body under the Ministry of Health with both statutory obligations to regulate the registration of health care facilities and health practitioners as well maintaining optimal standards of competence, care and professional conduct. It was established under the Health Professions Act No. 24 of 2009. The Health Professions Act continues the existence of the Medical Council of Zambia which was established under the repealed Medical and Allied Professions Act. The mission of the Health Professions Council of Zambia is ‘to regulate professional conduct of Public and Private Health practitioners and institutions in order to assure the provision of quality health services.’ The Council seeks applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill up the following position:
- To co-ordinate effectively the registration and issuance of Practicing Certificates to health practitioners in order to ensure that registered health practitioners meet statutory requirements.
- Co-ordinates effectively the registration of health practitioners in order to ensure the competence of practitioners
- Manages effectively the preparation, updating and maintenance of the Health Practitioners Register in order to keep a record of persons eligible to practice
- Co-ordinates effectively the issuance of annual practicing certificates to health practitioners in order to certify practitioners who meet statutory requirements
- Ensures frequently and effectively liaison and communication with foreign health regulatory authorities, Provincial Medical Offices and other institutions in order to exchange information relating to health practitioners status.
- Ensures effectively the maintenance of up-to-date physical and electronic records in order to facilitate storage and retrieval of information
- Manages effectively development of individual and departmental work plan in order to monitor and evaluate performance.
- Manages effectively the monitoring and evaluation of the registration programmes in order to facilitate the identification and implementation of appropriate interventions.
- Manages effectively human, financial and other logistical resources in the department in order to ensure the attainment of the departmental objectives
Reporting relationship, Knowledge and skills requirements:
- Report directly to the CEO ( Registrar)
- Full grade twelve(12)/ Form five (5) Certificate
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences/Bachelor of Science degree in Health related Sciences
- Master of Arts in Social Science/ Bachelor of Science in Health related and or Health education will be an added advantage
- HPCZ Full Registration Certificate for health related qualification
- HPCZ Valid practicing Certificate for health relate qualification
- Minimum of 8 years work experience and of which five (05) years should be at Senior Management Level in a reputable Organisation and Public Institutions experience will be an added advantage.
- Goal-oriented and able to work independently to achieve results, as well as able to collaborate with a diverse team.
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills.
- Able to write analytical and technical reports.
- Computer literate and Knowledgeable of most used packages
How to Apply
Please, note that, only applicants who meet the Knowledge and skills requirements should send Application letters which must include daily contact phone numbers, detailed Curriculum Vitae, enclosed certified photocopies of Green national Registration Card, Academic and Professional Certificates and three traceable referees with their phone numbers and email addresses to:
Health Professions Council of Zambia,
PO Box 32554,
+260 211 239317