The Rural Electrification Authority is a statutory body established pursuant to the enactment of the Rural Electrification Act No. 20 of the Laws of Zambia of 2003. One of the main functions of the Authority is to facilitate availability and access to electricity by all Zambians living in the rural areas by extending the national grid and/or through the installation of isolated grids using renewable energy sources such as mini-hydros, solar, wind and others. In order to effectively manage its functions, the Authority wishes to recruit suitably qualified, self-motivated and experienced persons for Manager Project Implementation; Environmental Officer; and Procurement Officer.
Department: Technical Services
Reports to: Director Technical Services
Staff Reporting: One (1)
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate, Degree of Engineering in Electrical/ Mechanical/ Project Management or related discipline and Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia.
- Seven (7) years relevant working experience in a reputable organisations.
The applicants should possess the following skills:
- Management skills
- Strategic/Technical planning skills
- Good working knowledge of computers and engineering software
- Knowledge of Technical modelling
- High analytical Skills
Purpose of the Job:
- To plan, implement and supervise, electrical, mechanical and civil works of all rural electrification projects undertaken by the organization in order to achieve a desired level of efficiency and reliability.
- Main Duties and Accountabilities:
- Implement approved projects in accordance with national and international engineering standards/practices.
- Formulate and establish shod and medium term rural electrification projects under supervision of the Director Technical Services
- Control project expenditure in line with the approved project implementation budget.
- Coordinate projects in liaison with Manager – Planning and Development to ensure contractors and consultants abide by terms of contract as regards project scope, quality, time frames and costs.
- Monitor and control execution of maintenance plans to ensure good engineering standards are maintained for continuous operations of plant/equipment.
- Overseeing the project implementation process and drawing up implementation schedules
- Evaluate project implementation performance on a continuous basis to predict or prevent unnecessary delays/constraints/failures. Recommend change or modification of existing project implementation strategies to meet specified needs of the authority in consultation with Director- Technical Services
- Implement projects while making recommendations on improving operations
- Ensure prudent engineering training, development and appraisal of staff to ensure they acquire the
- skills needed to achieve efficiency.
- Conducting regular meetings with immediate subordinates on project management related matters to ensure smooth implementation of projects
- Enforce discipline among subordinates in line with REA’s Code of Conduct and Disciplinary Procedures to ensure high performance.
- Prepare timely reports pertaining to implementation of projects
- Perform such other duties lawfully assigned by the Director/Superiors
How to Apply
Interested persons should email their application letters supported by copies of academic and professional qualifications with detailed CV's and 3 traceable referees to: no hard copies will be accepted not later than:
Kindly note that the Rural Electrification Authority is an equal opportunity employer and women are equally encouraged to apply:
The Director -Human Resource and Administration,
Rural Electrification Authority,
5033 Longolongo Road,
Post Net Box 349,
Private Bag E891,