Zambia Bureau of Standards (ZABS) is a statutory body established by Act Number 4 of 2017 to support industry in the production of goods and services of acceptable quality for national and international markets. The Act mandates ZABS, among others, to undertake Standardization, product certification, testing and training services.
- The Zambia Bureau of Standards wishes to invite suitably qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill the following vacant positions
- The Lead Auditor manages a team of auditors in the performance of quality, health and safety, environmental audits in client companies in the process engineering sector, ensuring that audits comply with applicable standards, certification scheme rules and regulations, procedures and guidance.
- The Lead Auditor may also participate in audits as a co-auditor.
- Prepare detailed audit plans for a customer audit
- Review customer file and, in particular, site information, product/services, sector/ legislation, previous audit results and outstanding corrective actions, when applicable,
- Direct and lead team of auditors, when assigned as the lead auditor
- Interact directly with customer personnel at all levels of management in interviewing and collecting audit evidence
- Prepare verbal closing meeting feedback reports, with audit recommendations
- Prepare written audit reports in a timely manner
- Provide timely and accurate review of customer corrective actions and closure of non-conformities.
- Provide technical support and staff training to enhance the service capability of the business
- When required, to provide technical guidance to customers and participate in customer training workshops
- Support business development activities as required (including follow up and/or referral of enquiries, sales visits, assistance at events, seminars, etc.) to enable on-going growth of the business
- Participate in the development of new or improved process engineering sector-related services to be offered or currently offered by ZABS as requested by management
Qualifications, Experience and Personal Attributes
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- 5 years of experience in the process industry sector in a production or quality assurance role, preferably in the following sectors
- Concrete, lime and cement
- Iron and steel making
- Chemical process industry e.g. petroleum, detergents, fertilizer etc.
- A Lead Auditor Certificate in quality or health and safety systems or environmental management systems will be an added advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy
- Excellent presentation skills and expertise
- Ability to write clearly and produce accurate reports
- Computer literate, integrity, supervisory skills and able to work with minimum supervision
How to Apply
The positions are in the Permanent and Pensionable conditions of service category.
If you feel you have the necessary qualifications and personal attributes for the job, please send your application letter together with copies of education and professional certificates and a detailed CV to the undersigned:
The Human Resources and Administration Manager,
Zambia Bureau of Standards,
PO Box 50259,