The Technical Education, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training Authority (TEVETA) is a body corporate established under the Technical Education, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training (TEVET) Act No. 13 of 1998 and the TEVET (Amendment) Act No. 11 of 2005. TEVETA was established to regulate, monitor and co-ordinate Technical Education, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training in consultation with industry, employers, workers and other stakeholders. TEVETA wishes to recruit qualified and experienced Zambians to fill the following vacant positions.
Overall Purpose of the Job
- To provide leadership in the design, development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive national TEVET learner’s assessment and certification programme so as to support the TEVET Sector’s mission and strategic initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and recommending the establishment of operating goals, policies, and procedures for the TEVET Leaners’ assessment and certification programmes, as appropriate.
- Planning, organizing, and coordinating all assessment and certification programmes, projects, and activities for TEVET learners.
- Designing, directing, and implementing leaner assessments and administrative strategies in coordination with all stakeholders to assure the efficacy, effectiveness and efficiency of TEVET programmes.
- Leading the development, organization, analysis and reporting of student learning outcomes and related activities to support planning activities.
- Supporting the ongoing research, development and implementation of comprehensive outcomes based assessment programmes for all TEVET programmes that support the achievement of goals of the TEVET Sector’s strategic plan.
- Participating in the collection and analysis of various assessment data to support accreditation and programme reviews, including dissemination of results and assisting others with understanding and appropriately using them.
- Interpreting assessment findings and preparing quarterly and annual assessment reports to summarize such findings, with particular emphasis on the quality of the assessment efforts and findings that influence decision-making and policy development.
- Providing strategic advice and consultation to leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of modifications and enhancements to existing operations, systems, and procedures.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Post-secondary education accountability initiatives and trends.
- Regional, national, and specialized postsecondary assessments, certification, accreditation standards, practices, and goals.
- Institutional self-assessments and student outcomes assessment principles, methods and techniques.
- And understanding of integrated program planning, development, and administration within a public institution environment.
- Budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical leadership and supervisory skills.
These should include:
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse members of the TEVET Sector community including students, faculty, staff, administrators, and industry.
- Ability to synthesize and analyse quantitative and qualitative data and prepare and present reports effectively.
- Ability to motivate staff productivity and performance.
- Demonstrated ability for effective organizational skills and ability to connect to the institutional strategy while displaying attention to detail.
- Expertise in assessment, data analysis and educational outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Technical or Business field from a recognized University.
- A Teaching qualification.
- A Master’s degree in Educational Assessments/Administration or related discipline is an added advantage.
Minimum Relevant Experience
- Five (05) years’ experience at management level related to the duties and responsibilities specified above.
How to Apply
Letters of application accompanied with a CV detailing achievements, how you meet the requirements of the job including names of three traceable referees, (email addresses and mobile phone contacts to be included), should be addressed to:
The Acting Director General Technical Education,
Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training Authority (TEVETA) Bird Cage Walk,
Longacres Private Bag RW 16X,