The Technical Education, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training Authority (TEVETA) is a body corporate established under the Technical Education, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training (TEVET) Act No. 13 of 1998 and the TEVET (Amendment) Act No. 11 of 2005. TEVETA was established to regulate, monitor and co-ordinate Technical Education, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training in consultation with industry, employers, workers and other stakeholders. TEVETA wishes to recruit qualified and experienced Zambians to fill the following vacant positions.
Overall Purpose of the Job
- To maintain and ensure that, the quality of learning and assessments in TEVET conform to the framework of quality assurance principles required by TEVET system and stakeholders through the implementation and enforcing of Quality Assurance standards, policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishing quality assurance systems and standards in the TEVET system.
- Preparing and implementing periodic inspection plans.
- Carrying out routine inspections of training institutions.
- Preparing inspection reports.
- Promoting and communicating best practice quality assurance principles throughout the TEVET system in line with set standards, awarding bodies, funding and other regulatory bodies.
- Liaising with training providers to facilitate quality assurance in the training system.
- Ensuring that training processes comply with standards at both national and international level
- Ensuring that compliance is maintained by various certification bodies providing training awards in the TEVET sector
- Regularly ensuring that all trainers, assessors and examiners in the TEVET sector comply with accreditation requirements.
- Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of:
- Quality assurance standards, regulations and procedures.
- Highly computer literate.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong verbal and writing communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal & external stakeholders.
- Minimum Education
- University degree in education, business or technical field.
- Diploma in teaching/industrial and commercial education.
- Minimum Relevant Experience
- 3 years’ experience in Training Quality Assurance.
- 3 years TEVET sector working experience.
How to Apply
Letters of application accompanied with a CV detailing achievements, how you meet the requirements of the job including names of three traceable referees, (email addresses and mobile phone contacts to be included), should be addressed to:
The Acting Director General Technical Education,
Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training Authority (TEVETA) Bird Cage Walk,
Longacres Private Bag RW 16X,