The Technical Education, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training Authority (TEVETA) is a body corporate established under the Technical Education, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training (TEVET) Act No. 13 of 1998 and the TEVET (Amendment) Act No. 11 of 2005. TEVETA was established to regulate, monitor and co-ordinate Technical Education, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training in consultation with industry, employers, workers and other stakeholders. TEVETA wishes to recruit qualified and experienced Zambians to fill the following vacant positions.
Overall Purpose of the Job
- Monitoring and facilitating the conduct of TEVET examinations and Qualifications in order to effectively measure training standards in secretarial and administrative Programmes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitating the conduct of national examinations.
- Arranging setting, moderation and marking sessions.
- Analysing examination results and programme reports.
- Arranging workshops for assessors/examiners so as to equip them with quality skills and knowledge of setting, moderation, and marking of examinations.
- Producing general and specific examinations guidelines for examiners, examination centres and students in liaison with examination boards.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- The TEVET system and relevant legislation.
- Secretarial, commercial and or applied arts.
- Accountability and security of sensitive assessment data.
- Modern developments, trends, principles, practices and theories in education and educational assessment, accountability, or evaluation of specialty areas.
- Standard measures and statistical tools used in educational assessment, accountability or evaluation of specialty areas.
- Working in a team environment involving multiple specialties.
- Planning, coordinating, and expediting work projects.
- Communicating verbally and in writing.
- Reading, Analysing and interpreting data.
- Operate standard office equipment using pertinent software applications including word and excel.
- Design Instructional systems;
- Design assessment tools;
- Prepare and maintain accurate records.
Minimum Education Qualifications
- A University Degree in Business.
- A teaching qualification.
- Accreditation as an Examiner.
- Two years’ experience in setting, moderation and marking of examinations
How to Apply
Letters of application accompanied with a CV detailing achievements, how you meet the requirements of the job including names of three traceable referees, (email addresses and mobile phone contacts to be included), should be addressed to:
The Acting Director General Technical Education,
Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training Authority (TEVETA) Bird Cage Walk,
Longacres Private Bag RW 16X,