Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for the position of Human Resources Assistant on a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) sponsored project, operational in Southern and Central Provinces. The project’s focus is on supporting Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC’s) through integrated household and community approaches. The position will be based in Kabwe.
- The role of the Human Resources Assistant is to ensure the efficient management of Human Resources clerical systems associated with the ZAMFAM project Human Resources department.
- Assisting the Human Resources Officer in the flow of information to and from ZAMFAM, and other parts of DAPP and ensuring all required personnel file documents are in put in the right places of the files
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance on general Human Resources queries and follow ups to ensure HR operational functions are performed on time
- Provide HR administration activities assigned by supervisor including on boarding of new staff in accordance with DAPP process and procedures
- Checking incoming Human Resources documents/correspondence and ensure they correctly signed by relevant officers
- Creating personnel files for new employees/staff and updating existing files
- Periodic audits of personnel files and make follow ups on missing documents to ZAMFAM staff to provide
- Store all paperwork in designated places securing the important documents
- Manage all requests to access files and keep logs of borrowed papers
- Maintain an efficient filing system to make updating and retrieving files easier
- Follow policies and confidentiality dictations to safeguard data and information
- As requested, draft documents for Management, and submit for review and signature
- Monitor inventory of files, paper clips, envelops etc. and report shortages
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Proven experience as filing clerk in administration
- Knowledge of filing systems
- Very good knowledge of MS office and office equipment such as photocopier, scanner etc.
- Good command of English both oral and written
- Dependable with respect to confidentiality and policies
- Excellent organisational skills
- Great attention to detail
- Diploma or Advanced Certificate in Human Resources
- At least 2 years proven experience in a busy Human Resource Office/Department
- Membership of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management
How to Apply
Qualified persons should submit a cover letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae CV to:
Human Resources Officer DAPP in Zambia – ZAMFAM Project,
27 Lukanga Road,
Amaka House, Kabwe.