The Copperbelt Energy Corporation PLC (CEC) is an independent power transmission and distribution Company with interests in closely linked businesses in Zambia and the African region. CEC invites applications from suitably qualified, innovative and dynamic individuals to take up the position of Analyst – Information Technology based at our Head Office in Kitwe and reporting to the Senior Engineer – Information Technology Infrastructure.
- To maintain organistion’s effectiveness and efficiency by maintaining and operating reliable information systems infrastructure which supports the organization in accordance with the business goals.
- Install, uninstall, configure and troubleshoot software and hardware systems, including new equipment, anti-virus programs, CRM programs, and other tools commonly used by the company’s team members
- Schedule and carry out regular maintenance of network equipment and keep maintenance records
- Accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system
- Participate in the implementation of IT projects as required
- Manage assigned company resources in a prudent and cost efficient manner
- Assist users setup conferences, projectors, PCs, connect wireless and mobile devise to the network
- Communicates with individuals by phone and email to solve technical problems
- Acts quickly in crisis situations so the company can resume normal operations as soon as possible
- Stays abreast of current trends and technology and makes recommendations that will help the company keep up with technology standards in the industry
- Comply with company health, safety and environmental procedures and policies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecoms and Electronics, or equivalent.
- Registered Engineer of Engineering Institution of Zambia.
- COMPTIA A+, CCNA Certifications an added advantage
- Experience: At least 1 year post qualification experience.
- Project management / Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Organizational skills
- Business Administration
- Technical planning – robustness, stability, scaling, security, etc of technology solutions
How to Apply
If you are keen on the above position, kindly email your application to, Please indicate the job title in the subject line of your e-mail and use your full name and the job title as the filename of your application (e.g., GemstoneGobe_Engineer – Cyber Security). The application should consist of your letter and CV only, in a single document. Hardcopy applications will not be accepted: