• The Human Resources Director will be part of the executive management team and will be involved in the development and implementation of the business strategy for G4S Zambia.
• The successful candidate will have to create and deliver a HR strategy that is aligned with the strategic priorities and is consistent with the Regional and Group HR strategy and standards.
• Effective management of Employee Relations function
• Responsible for management of disciplinary processes conducted in the region, ensuring compliance with the Company’s Code of Conduct and procedures
• Competent representation of the Company in all disputes Labour court
• Ensuring that line management is kept informed of changes to the interpretation and application of disciplinary procedures necessitated by Labour Court decisions
• Competent representation of the region in dealings with trade unions
• The establishment and continuation of employee communication structures.
• Provision of ongoing training and consultation service to regional management
• To achieve successful structure development.
Effective management of human resources administration and employee benefits
• Implementation of G4S National HR policies and procedures, documentation in compliance with legislation.
Effective and efficient:
• Personnel File maintenance (Employment / induction / discipline documentation)
• Employee Benefit Administration
• Long service awards administration
• Registration of employees
• Effective resourcing of staff
• Thorough human resource planning process to match requirements with incumbents, with a focus on the approved structure.
• Adherence to company policy with respect approval and recruitment process. Strict observance of company recruitment process
• Thorough vetting and screening processes
• Employment in accordance with remuneration policy
Effective management of training, development succession, and performance management
• Compiling operational training schedules
• Assist national training function in planning and execution of management training.
• Induction training planning and implementation
• On the job training planning and implementation
• Devise succession planning for management and support positions
• Regional management awareness and compliance through the development and presentation of appropriate training interventions.
The Ideal Candidate
• Significant general HR experience at a senior management level
• Completed Senior HIgh Schooling and relevant tertiary qualification in HR
• Chartered or Fellow membership of locally recognised HR Professional membership organisation
• We are committed to employing Africans for Africa, which would give preference to local Zambian citizens.
• About The CompanyG4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
• G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen.
• G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent.
• At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy.
• We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
• We act with Integrity and Respect – Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness.
• We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
• We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence – We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
• We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork – We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer.
• We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: