Our client Lunsemfwa Hydro Power Company Ltd seeks to recruit a Chief Financial Officer /Company Secretary.
Purpose of the position is: –
• To give the shareholders a secure, long-term return on their investments by reducing the financial and commercial risks associated with the current hydropower operations and hydropower development and acquisitions
• Responsible for financing and investment strategy development
• Overall responsible for the Company’s accounts, financial reporting, Company’s compliance with PACRA, risk management and compliance. Develop and maintain its governance model and structures
• To participate in the development of the company’s strategies and goals
Reporting Line and Relation
Line Manager: Chief Executive Officer
Subordinates: Senior staff in areas of
• Finance and accounting
• Human Resources
Internal: Management Team, Company Board of Directors, Union and Joint Venture Management
External: ZESCO and other customers for power generated, Government agencies such as ZRA, ERB, WARMA, REA, PACRA, NAPSA, Workers Compensation Board, relevant Government ministries, banks and financial institutions, owners, lenders, Joint Venture partners, communities local to the Company’s operations
• The Chief Financial Officer / Company Secretary assumes accountability for: –
• Leading and developing the Finance, Human Resources, Procurement and Company Secretarial functions to support the Company’s business objectives.
Management and development of the subordinate functions of:
• Accounting, consolidation and financial reporting
• Business controls, reporting and governance
• Human Resources
• Providing regular financial reports for operations and projects
• Developing and submitting annual revenue and expenditure budgets for the Company in consultation with the Management team for the approval of the Board of Directors at the required times.
• The day to day management of finance, human resources and procurement operations of the Company
• The day to day management of all statutory records and compliance issues
• Preparing the requisite documentation for the Company’s meetings of the Board of Directors and other statutory meetings.
• Filing of annual returns with PACRA and other regulatory bodies
• Compliance to highest standards of business control and governance.
• Identifying succession needs; developing, implementing and monitoring requisite training.
• Resourcing of competent people to fill positions within the Company. Ensure efficient staffing.
• Performing such other duties of a Chief Financial Officer/Company Secretary as assigned from time to time by the Chief Executive Officer
• Minimum 15 years of experience in Finance of which 5 years must have been at Senior Management level
• Must have a Minimum Degree in Finance and Commerce; ACCA; CIMA or Related Field
• Member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accounts
• In depth knowledge of IFRS (International Reporting Standards)
• In depth knowledge of Zambian Commercial & Tax Laws
• Hands on experience in the use of Accounting Software e.g. Pastel
• Fluent in English. Excellent verbal, written and communication skills. Relates to others in a confident manner.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Promotes highest possible standards of ethical business conduct and health and safety across all activities.
• Sets clearly defined objectives for subordinates and teams. Ensures performance of individuals and teams to highest possible standards.
• Identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish tasks. Motivates individuals to perform to the best of their abilities. Builds relationships based on trust, respect and recognition.
• Team player abilities and flexibility in dealing with cultural differences and conditions.
• Posses’ and maintain a clean and valid driver’s license.
How to Apply
Send an application via email to: