Mopani Copper Mines PLC, a joint venture company comprising major shareholders Glencore, First Quantum Minerals Ltd and ZCCM Investment Holdings, owns operations in Mufulira and Nkana on the Copperbelt in Zambia. The company’s success has been as a result of its focused approach to improvement and the mutually beneficial relationship enjoyed with its stakeholders — an important sector of which is its employees. Mopani is committed to establishing a winning team and a copper and cobalt business it can be proud of. The company operates an employment policy of “meritocracy” — aiming to employ the right people with the right skill, irrespective of race, gender or creed. Its remuneration policy is based on performance, creating a competitive environment of achievers. The Company seeks the services of a qualified TRACKLESS EQUIPMENT WORKSHOP SPECIALIST X 1 reporting to Engineering Superintendent Maintenance.
• The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical support, conducting assurance audits and reporting on the integrity, care and maintenance of trackless mobile machinery workshops and facilities to established standards across the MCM operations.
Duties will, among others, include:
• Provide expert advice to personnel on design, maintenance and operational best practices.
• Identify training needs and provide on-site coaching with the aim of developing the maintenance, operational and OEM workforce to achieve acceptable standards of work quality and quantity.
• Participate and advise during design, upgrading and repair of facilities as well as behaviour and discipline indicators.
• Inspects facilities that are out of order or not in place and facilitate root cause analysis with remedial measures.
• Pay specific attention to oil and fuel storage and dispensing facilities, satellite stores management and practices.
• Give advice to site on solution formulation and deviations identified.
• Carry out evaluations and audits on the facilities’ functionality and design.
• Identify deviations and give advice to site on solution formulation.
• Report on the facilities’ health and other relevant observations made and monitor close out.
• Maintain close liaison with all stakeholders (i.e. OEM’s, Operations, Suppliers, Supply Chain, Component Stores, Finance etc.) to promote cooperation and sound working relationship.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
• 1 A full Grade 12 School Certificate
• A Craft Certificate in Heavy Vehicle Repair.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience on trackless equipment and be a Field Specialist of all trackless facilities, workshops and dedicated bays (i e. park, tyre, battery, welding, assembly, rebuild, maintenance, inspection, oil storage, handling and dispensing, brake testing, underground and surface stores management, washing, offices and toilets etc.), housekeeping, illumination, basic and special tools, lifting equipment, tools and equipment, traffic management and environmental conditions) and have exceptional experience and skill on supervisory level.
• A certificate of membership with the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
• Relevant certificates in specialized courses from recognized institutions of learning or Original Equipment Manufacturers as an added advantage.
• Key to the success of this portfolio is the incumbent’s ability to work on his own initiative, paying particular attention to company policies and corporate objectives.
How to Apply
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced applicants should submit an application with contact phone numbers, detailed curriculum vitae with three pages or less and three contactable referees to:
Human Resources Superintendent – Manpower,
Mopani Copper Mines Plc,
PO Box 22000,