The Ministry of Health (MOH) seeks to recruit suitably qualified and experienced persons to be appointed to the underlisted positions under the Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA) & USAID supported Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) programme.
Location: Provincial Health Office, Mansa and Chinsali
• To work closely with both the Provincial and District personnel to manage the provision of Reproductive Health Services in the Districts in order to reduce maternal mortality in the province.
• Undertakes effectively the formulation, coordination, supervision, implementation, and review of sound reproductive health Programmes in order to reduce maternal mortality in the District.
• Undertakes effectively, the preparation and implementation of action Plans in order to facilitate delivery of quality maternal, newborn, and Child Health Services aimed at reducing maternal mortality.
• Undertakes timely, the preparation of sectional budget in order to facilitate acquisition of financial resources.
• Undertakes efficiently, management of reproductive health services in order to improve the quality of patient care.
• Identifies timely training needs for District, Health facility, and Community based health Volunteers in order to impart appropriate skills and knowledge.
• Monitors and evaluates regularly, reproductive health services and programmes in order to implement appropriate interventions.
• Undertakes regularly, research on reproductive services and programmes particularly in order to generate information for decision making.
• Undertakes regularly, updating of the database in order to facilitate storage and retrieval of Information.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• Full Grade 12 School Certificate with five O level credits including English and Mathematics
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing/Midwifery
• Must be registered with GNC.
• At least 5 years minimum relevant pre-job experience in Maternal, New born, and Child Health programming and implementation.
• Must be Able to write quality technical and analytical reports
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English
• Other Skills/ Attributes-Empathy, Integrity, Confidentiality, Computer Literate, Analytical Skills, Interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the qualifications for the positions above and are not currently serving in Government should submit their applications, enclosing their detailed Curriculum Vitae and three references including their contact numbers, certified photocopies of their National Registration Cards, Practicing license where applicable, academic and professional qualifications to the Permanent Secretary-Administration for the Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health Officer position and to the respective Provincial Health Directors for the other positions as shown below.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Address for the Headquarters position:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Health,
PO Box 30205,