The Production Painter will be responsible for mixing, matching, and applying paint to various surfaces, completing touchups, and coordinating large painting projects. The Production Painter will oversee on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures etc.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
• Prepare walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint etc.
• Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material (e.g. plaster)
• Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture
• Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools
• Scrape, sandpaper, prime, or seal surfaces prior to painting.
• Calculate amounts of required materials and estimate costs.
• Fill cracks, holes, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives.
• Erect scaffolding, movable and immovable staging and various rigging to gain access to difficult areas; moves furniture and equipment as necessary.
• Ability to differentiate between colors
• Ability to work on multiple priorities with frequent interruptions
• Ability to use hand and power tools and equipment
• Ability to work with all levels of employees
• Strong communication skills QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE Qualifications and Experience
• Recognized Craft Certificate in AUTOMOTIVE PAINTING
• 3 years working experience
• Experience in AUTOMOTIVE OR INDUSTRIAL PAINTING
• Experience WET PAINTING USING A GUN
• Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ)
How to apply
Send your applications to the link below: