Purpose of the position:
To assist in the development of the Directorate’s procurement strategy in accordance with WorldVision Zambia Strategy and to take an active lead in the introduction, development and implementation of procurement plans
• Appropriately and accurately perform and leverage market analysis to support Supply Chain Management decisions on buying methods.
• Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Identification of business needs from Programme Operations
• Participate in project designing
• Participate in strategic planning to ensure that SCM is utilized by WVZ early enough to allow professional input during planning stage
• Provide pricing information based actual purchases and price projections during budgeting process
Consolidation of Procurement Plans
• Proactively manage procurement plans and implementation plan to initiate strategic sourcing activities by utilizing strategic sourcing methodology in timely manner.
• Promote integration of procurement activities across World Vision Zambia
Monitoring of vendor performance
• Develop supplier key performance indicators
• Continuously monitor and evaluate suppliers to ensure the desired level of contractual performance is achieved
Measure and report on the performance of suppliers
• Continuously review the supply market to assess which suppliers can meet our needs
• Collect and analyse market and internal data
• Collect and analyse category and spend data
• Contribute to the development and implementation of sourcing strategies
• Support supplier selection activities including qualitative and quantitative analysis, selection criteria, long and short lists
• Provide historical spend, utilisation and compliance data to strategic sourcing initiatives, as needed
• To ensure that value for money is demonstrated on contracts ensuring that all contracts deliver the most cost effective solution.
• To ensure that construction contracts are awarded to competent contractors in accordance with the National Construction Council’s Guidelines and that the Council’s rules of engagement are strictly adhered to.
• To ensure that tender and contract documentation is compliant with WV Global Supply Chain Management Procurement Reference, Policy and Process Manual.
• Ensure that contractual conditions and performance indicators are understood by suppliers and requestors
Identify potential contract improvement opportunities
• To ensures that payment recommendations are made in accordance with the terms of the contract and WVI field financial manual
• Ensure timely submission of payments to Finance
o Develop and create standardized contracts with suppliers and promote standardization of procurement activities across World Vision Zambia.
o Lead the standardization of product categories to rationalize the number of items purchased
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
• Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
• Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
• The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
• First degree in Business Administration, Social Science, Procurement or similar degree
• Professional Qualification preferred, M CIPS qualified
• At least 3-5years experience in purchasing
• Good Supply Chain Management expertise
Special Knowledge & Qualifications:
• Knowledge of the 7-Step Sourcing Process
• Negotiation experience
• Contract Management experience
• Basic knowledge of local legal positions for contracts
• Ability to analyse and report on Supply Chain Management and financial metrics
• Understanding of market analysis, supplier evaluation, total cost of ownership analysis, category strategy development & implementation.
General Knowledge & Qualifications:
• Good communication skills
• Technical skills in computing and using standard software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Internet)
• Proven problem analysis and decision making skills
• Good skills in English and regional used language(s)
• Customer focused
• Ability to think creatively and develop innovative strategies.
• Ability to work at senior level and contribute proactively and positively in a team environment
• Demonstrates Christ-centred life and work
• Understands and is committed to WV’s vision, mission and core values
Working Environment / Conditions:
• The Senior Supply Chain Officer will report to the Supply Chain Management Manager. The Senior Supply Chain Officer will largely be based in Lusaka but may be required to attend workshops or training from time to time to build capability of the national supply chain function Office-based with frequent travel to the field
• Travel: 20% Domestic/international travel is required.
• On call: 100%
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: