Barrack Lumwana Mining Company Ltd (LMC)Mobile Maintenance Coordinator, a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Mobile Maintenance Coordinator.
• Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Superintendent, your role will be to improve the reliability and availability of the Shovel fleet and Excavators or Ancillary equipment by assessing the maintenance plan and team effectiveness. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
• Coordinate, manage and assist in monitoring and reporting on the condition of equipment.
• Carry out planned machine and statutory inspections.
• Assess and coach competency skills attainment and development to identify continuous improvement opportunities.
• Actively promote full cooperation between the maintenance and mining operations.
• Assist to prepare and control cost budgets for mobile maintenance teams.
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of the maintenance processes and systems.
• Cooperate with the maintenance planners regarding input schedules and verification of information.
• Ensure the development of up to date job procedures for all tasks performed within the function.
• Accountable for completion of all tasks identified in the MOS Elements to the specified quality and timelines for this role.
• Managing and development of weekly, equipment overhaul and shutdown schedules through Microsoft Project
• Development and maintaining of the equipment strategies workflow process on mobile equipment
• Experience in budgeting process and cost controls for maintenance department
• Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
• Coaching and mentoring of subordinates through BCBED
• Assessing employees in structured skills assessment process such as ETAMS
• Offer support to supervisor positions so to be able to assess work place efficiencies and provide guidance to workplace supervisors
• Generate report on machine availability through the use of a recognized CMMS preferably Pronto.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
• Advanced Trades Qualification and hands on experience on the equipment
• Minimum Ten (10) years maintenance planning and engineering experience in the mining industry
• Conversant with electrical or mechanical side of Shovels/ Excavators
• Extensive experience on Ancillary equipment such as Dozers, Loaders and Graders (caterpillar engineers)
• Experience in large multi pit operations utilising large scale mining mobile (Loading Units) equipment such as Excavators and Shovels.
• Extensive experience on Hitachi mobile equipment and Siemens Drive System on electrical Shovels
• Experienced in managing and development of weekly, equipment overhaul and shutdown schedules through Pronto
• Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia
• Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
• Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: