Access Microfinance Holding AG („AccessHolding“) was established in 2006 by a group of international shareholders from the public and private sector. Our partners include among others the European Investment Bank (EIB), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), and KfW Development Bank. The business purpose of AccessHolding is to build up and control a network of commercial banks in developing and transition countries (the “AccessGroup”) with a target group focus on micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs). The AccessGroup currently comprises ten financial institutions located in Sub-Saharan Africa, Central Asia, the Caucasus, and South America and employs close to 7.000 staff serving more than 400.000 clients. The head office of AccessHolding, the parent company of the Group, is located in Berlin, Germany. We are currently seeking to strengthen our Global IT Operations activities in Sub-Saharan Africa with the following:
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Starting in our network institution in Zambia, you will be responsible for software project implementation activities based on target software architecture designs and plans for several of our
• Sub-Saharan network banks.
• By working alongside the IT infrastructure project manager, you will ensure the appropriate implementation of software solutions.
• Therefore, you are taking care on-site of software solution providers, IT infrastructure provider and local IT team.
Further tasks include:
• Coordinate implementation of systems including operating systems, web applications, databases and others in accordance with company target software architecture and project plans;
• Ensure software deployment activities and outcomes are on-track and deliver status reports to project stakeholders on time, scope and budget;
• Act as a liaison between IT infrastructure team, software vendors, software development and
• Act as DBA subject matter expert for setup, migrations, configuration and optimization of databases for assigned software solutions;
• Provide support, testing and training during implementation for the end-users of solutions;
• Ensure proper handovers from project to operations organization.
• University degree in Information Technology or similar fields;
• Relevant Microsoft or other vendor certifications are an advantage;
• Sound experience in software deployment project coordination, release and deployment management and execution of best practices;
• High quality technical writing skills and experience in documenting software architecture blueprints, designs, deployment guidelines;
Work experience with:
• Experience of web applications deployment (Web Application Proxy, Reverse proxy, Load-balancing);
• Strong experience of MS SQL setup, configuration, administration, monitoring, performance optimization, backup;
• Experience implementing MS Dynamics, WSO2, UT Route solutions would be beneficial;
• High level understanding of server technologies is an asset;
• Experience with escalation mechanisms and effective resolution;
• Outstanding negotiation skills (contracting and management of local ICT vendors and providers);
• Flexible, self-driven, goal-oriented and pragmatic work style;
• Working experience in African countries;
• Very good spoken and written English, further foreign language skills are an asset;
• Willingness to work in Sub-Saharan banks (Zambia, Liberia, Tanzania, Rwanda) and relocate as needed.
How to Apply
If you are interested in taking on this challenge and would like to join our team, please apply online submitting a CV plus Motivation Letter to: