The Education Program Officer is responsible for overseeing academic quality among Impact Network schools. Working as a direct point of contact to Teacher Supervisors and moving across all school sites to provide support, the key aim of the Education Program Officer role is quality assurance. This position requires excellent communication skills and knowledge of how to support the improvement of educational quality in rural schools.
Responsibilities and expectations include:
• Take a leading role in field work across school sites to ensure that education targets are met and the eSchool 360 model is effectively implemented.
• Provide ongoing support and supervision to Teacher Supervisors in their roles as ‘coaches’ for teachers’ professional development
• Review weekly lesson observation reports and monthly education reports to provide feedback and advice to Teacher Supervisors on how they can better help teachers improve their teaching practice.
• Act as a liaison between the Head of Academics and Data Coordinator at head office, and education field staff to ensure good communication, timely submission of reports and quality outputs.
• Support the Education Team in developing teacher training content and ensure effective monthly and termly teacher training sessions.
• Manage the work of the School Support Officers and their roles to integrate Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE) into the curriculum and pilot various data and education initiatives.
• Visit school sites on a weekly basis and co-chair meetings at site offices with the Senior Operations Manager.
• Liaise with the Operations Team regarding specific school needs, student attendance, PTA involvement and overall school performance in a timely manner.
• Act as a representative of Impact Network in collaborating and liaising with the Zonal Education Offices.
• Ensure all reporting is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Additional tasks based on organizational needs.
• Candidates should have a college degree in Education in conjunction with 3+ years relevant work experience.
• Ability to build effective working relationships and present diplomatic solutions to obstacles encountered
• Excellent communicator, both written and verbal in Cinyanja and English
Tech skills: Typing, E-mail, Word, Excel, smartphone usage, scanning
• Punctuality, reliability and attention to detail
• Exceptionally organized with strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
• The ability to troubleshoot and provide reasonable solutions as problems arise
• Willing to work weekends
• Experience working in rural settings with minimal resources a plus
• Experience managing staff across several sites a plus
• Experience managing a team within a rural NGO setting a plus
• Basic pay of 2000 Kwacha per month.
• Transport, housing and meal allowances.
• Travel expenses for work purposes provided.
• Smartphone with email access for work purposes is provided.
How to Apply
Submit your CV to: